I do love this game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do love this game

Put XP back on the desktop so had to back to some old games I was having trouble with on Vista. Swat 4 is one of them.

So 3 hours into re-playing SWAT 4 I am loving it all over again. now I just need to find my headset, get Teamspeak running again and beg for some new TG loving to this game.

Well i can dream at least. Especially since I see a couple viewing this forum every time I log into TG.

Re: I do love this game

Strange... SWAT 4 installed for me on Vista without problems, along with OGR and Raven Shield, even putting them into the game folder.

The older tactical games have always ran well on my vista system, better then the new stuff coming out. ;)

As with SWAT4, your not alone, I leave it installed just to play occasinally... we did try and bring it back once, but alot of interest was shown but only 2 or 3 showed... IMO, you need at least 5 for a good stick.

The old tactical games are gone from Tactical Gamer, TG needs to change their names to Action Gamer now. ;)

(I get PM's from alot of members wanting to re spark old tactical games, I bring up ideas and plans to the "front office", but they don't care no more...they prefer the numbers over the gameplay.)

Good luck.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Aaahh Magnum I do remember the old golden days. Even before you showed up pn the scene. Ghost Recon, Apophis ad Luna playing with the masses, very small mass compared to today.
      45 minute plus missions. The feeling of satisfaction when I was playing an M-60 for fire support and rear guard on a stealth mission and having played through 45+ minutes of gameplay without firing a shot.
      I agree those days are behind Tactical gamer as a whole.

BUT...

I still think we can have a true TG niche group within Tactical Gamer.

As for front office guys, no need to include them. Once I find and fix my headset I will be trying to setup games, but it is most likely fantasy and dreams I know.

Comment

Count me in. SWAT 4 is a great game *IF* you play with a decent tactical group. Otherwise it becomes another madness game that struggles. But catch me on TS and I'll join you.
        "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Well, when I played Swat 4 (before I knew the wonders of TG) I loved it. If enough interest is in TG for it, I might be willing to hunt down my disks for it, and join if able.

Comment

No need to wait... go find them now! :P I don't have the expansion... I know I downloaded a purchase of the Gold edition from somewhere (not sure where from) but I only have the original discs not the expansion. So I'm good for any of the original missions.

There's a few servers I frequent. Be careful of a server with IG in the title. They demand and will kick you if you don't use JUST non-lethal. I've been using a server called "Pardy" something. I have an average ping of about 130 which leads me to believe it's UK based or far East Coast. But it's definitely playable with ten or so people on it with no lag (for me).

Comment

Will dumb me forgot the copy I have is the gold edition. So I have the Stetchkov syndicate. i also downloaded the SSF mod to play around with.
              But my headset has been AWOL since my last move so will require some time to dig out of storage :( And this game really does need voice comms.

Comment

Well with the in-game ones in place already you can get by. I had a fairly decent game with a couple guys without needing a mic. But the majority of the people running around are clueless. Most people don't realize that this isn't Counterstrike... you don't kill everything that moves.

So hurry up! I need some people to play with that have a clue!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X