Intense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intense

Playing earlier today through the sisters of hope??? mission. i think that is what it is called. The halfway house thing with the chapel and such on it. Cleared the ground floor and moved it upstairs. Was moving faster then I should have been and just having some fun.
    Well I come around a corner leading to stairs down, I know the ground floor is clear but the stairs are not. Well a suspect was waiting for me halfway down stairs on the landing. He opened fire and nailed the officer behind me. Scared me so much I jumped in my seat, nearly dropped the mouse. I started firing with my shotgun. I think I nailed the suspect on the fourth or fifth shot. I am pretty sure I hit the ceiling walls and floor around him before I nailed him though.
    My wife was sitting behind me on the laptop and she just started laughing at me, and I deserved it.

Somehow the suspect missed me entirely though.

Re: Intense

lol....i know the exact spot you are talking about..i remember many of games where magnum woudl push me up the stairs to lead....i think he just wanted to kill me off.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

The stair leading up from the chapel to the projection room. I was coming down and being reckless.

Comment

I finally upgraded to 1.1 so I'm trying out these new missions. I haven't touched anything custom yet either. But I recall a few hairy moments in some of the standard missions. Nothing like breaching a room which mirrored clear, and having a shotgun toting bad guy inches from you. He ended up blasting me in the chest and I dropped him at the same time. I always carry heavy armor. ;)

Where are you playing Toshido?
        "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Last night I jumped on a server called Capitol Punishment I believe. Basically it was the only co-op server i could join with people on.
          So much nicer playing with people. I am finding the AI to be pretty dumb. Getting stuck on corners, behind doors, staring blankly at suspects as they get shot, etc...
          But on a server, even a public server with whoever we still played fairly well as a team. Quite often it meant teams of 2-3 running around clearing rooms. When the server dropped down to just 3 of us though we were stacking, mirroring, using gas or flash and working well as a team.
          Really missed voice comms though and I am eager to try to get some TG peoplewith voice comms playing this again. Even if we just get a weekly or monthly get together for a couple hours the game play could be epic.

Comment

Well like I said... hit me up on TS. I'm usually sitting in the entry room channel. We can start up a quick unregistered SWAT channel when in-game. I've had a lot of good run throughs with public players. For the most part they seem to "get" the game. But the occasional few will come in and shoot everything that moves (and some that don't) like they're playing Counterstrike or some other DM game.

It takes a certain kind of person to play this game right and appreciate it.

Comment

Just reinstalled SWAT4 myself and playing through the original campaign. Not too far in, but it's all coming back to me. Eegads, but I do miss me some hardcore co-op tactical gameplay (Magnum style, hooah!). Would be great to put a human element together again.

Comment

I joined that Capital Punishment server today and played with a guy named Hatter. He carried non-lethal while I took the lethal ammo with me. We did pretty good at one point getting a perfect 100. We took our time, mirrored, and cleared. We both used in-game voice (not VOIP like TS) commands and it worked well.

Let me know what times you guys plan to be in-game and I'll try and catch you on TS. We'll see if we can't take over a server with some true tactical play. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X