I'm interested.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm interested.

So, are we looking at a SWAT 3 remake with better graphics, or a tactical team play game with superb graphics and awesome terrain and buildings?

I'm interested, so gimme some input.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: I'm interested.

I didn't play SWAT3 so I couldn't tell ya, but here are some movies and a SP Demo:

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/swat4/downloads/
    New to TG?

Comment

It's definitely better graphics. The tactical game play is still there but not the same as SWAT 3. Most of the team play features in SWAT 3 are present in SWAT 4. The maps are great. Each one is finely detailed and provides a great challenge to clear.

There are some bugs though. It's nothing to prevent cooperative play but it could get annoying. It may be difficult to identify threats. The animation isn't perfect and combined with some lag it can look like the suspect instantly shot you on sight. There are some problems with sound. Overall, try out the demo first. I think it's worth picking up. You might not like it at first but I think it grows on you.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I like the game, It plays well but as sarc said, the perps can sometimes be buggy or laggy. However, once you learn and understand, I think you should be able to work around it by spotting when it's happening.

It does have limited maps though, 13 or something. Some of those maps (2 I think) aren't really worth coop play as they only have 1 or 2 tango's, so now 11 maps. These obviously will not last forever, so hopefully new missions will be made. One good thing for added playability is that tango placement seems random, so you're not really sure where and when they will come from.

It's a good game but ultimately it will need mod support from the community for it to last (but that's true with any game ins't it? ;))
        Jex.

Comment

Somebody already released a map supporting Barricaded Suspects. Coop maps should follow in a few months.

Comment

Anybody else have this game?

Comment

I do.. I've been playing quite a bit too..
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

We're going to have to get some games in! I'm quite free this week as exams are winding down.

Comment

I also have a copy.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                  "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I'm in. Question: The server is capped at, right? What happens when more than 5 TG users want in?

Comment

I can easily throw up a server PW on this thing and only allow in TG members. I'd be more than happy to do that as a single pubbie player can turn a map into a living hell. Ever spent 20 minutes trying to find and pick up all the weapons the pubbie left behind while he ran around killing everything in sight?

Part of me wishes there were serious restrictions on lethal weapons and forced more less-than-leathal weapons on the players. I try and take as many suspects in alive as I possibly can.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                        I can easily throw up a server PW on this thing and only allow in TG members. I'd be more than happy to do that as a single pubbie player can turn a map into a living hell. Ever spent 20 minutes trying to find and pick up all the weapons the pubbie left behind while he ran around killing everything in sight?

Part of me wishes there were serious restrictions on lethal weapons and forced more less-than-leathal weapons on the players. I try and take as many suspects in alive as I possibly can.
                        That was me last night on our server.

Not one round we scored greater than 50%/100%. Spent endless amount of time running around chasing down weapons, which didn't really matter, since someone always shot a hostage at the beginning of the round.

Nothing worse than everyone agreeing: "ok, we'll take it slow, do this right." Then have "You have failed the mission" pop up on the screen 2 seconds in.

Comment

The key to winning a mission is NON lethal. You do not really need lethal weapons but the 9mm pistol with FMJ is worth taking - it does low damage and has a high cap mag and a shot or 2 in the leg usually does the trick if the perp won't cooperate (but a stinger between his legs should lol).

If you take paintball and beanbag shotty, you'll regularly score above 80. If you go in lethal, you'll end up killing someone. You should also be using the optiwand, and all the grenades. Plan each move into the next room - no-one should be running ahead.

As for restricting kit, elect a TL and run it from there. We played last night and every mission but the last out of 6 we did really well. All of these missions we went non-lethal. Split the teams into red (assault) and blue (back up).
                          Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                            I'm in. Question: The server is capped at, right? What happens when more than 5 TG users want in?
                            You can't have more than 5 players and to be honest, it would be a mistake to do so. Not enough room and the maps aren't big enough. 5 works well and if more than 5 you rotate the slots so everyone gets to play.
                            Jex.

Comment

Someone figured out to bump the server capacity to 10. I agree with Jex though. Most of the maps are not large enough to support more than 5. Also, there have been performance issues because the AI takes so much processing.

Scoring high just because the team is using non-lethal is stupid. We can still score over 80 even when losing 3/5 officers. I wouldn't give that mission over 70.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X