No announcement yet.

SWAT 4 Realism Mod Released

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT 4 Realism Mod Released

The game isn't even cold on the shelf yet, and already the mod community has begun to tinker.

First up, SWAT 4 Realism Mod .1 from The Sherrif's Department.

This mod makes alot of changes to both the single and multiplayer games to make the game more realistic.

Key changes are:

-All Weapons have proper firing modes as per manufactor specs. Guns with Burst mod start in Burst mode

-All Weapons have correct lethality. (One shot head kills are much more common with higher caliber rounds)

-FMJ and JHP Rounds know penetrate items correctly based on round and caliber.
    (Example, a FMJ .223 round will penetrate wood and metal doors, where a 9mm FMJ will only penetrate a wood door.
    A JHP 9mm will not penetrate wood doors)

-Firing Rates are more correct as to sustained rounds per minute.

-Equipping animations are slightly faster. (Example, Switching weapons is quicker, etc)

-Weapon effects are more realistic. (Example:Throw a flashbang in a room with "loose" items and stuff will fly across the room)

-Body hits will send a larger impulse to the rag doll being shot.

-Death animations are more realistic. Dying suspects and hostages will jerk and spasm from firing nerve impulses.

-Incapacitation animations more pronounced. Incapacitated suspects and hostages will move in more realistic ways. (Trying to get up, moving their head to look around, etc)

-Flashbangs more effective to UNARMORED suspects/hostages. Flashbangs have a slight fatality issue associated to them, but flashbangs have to be RIGHT ON a suspect to kill them.

-CS Gas has the same effect on AI as unprotected players

-Zoom to fire is instant instead of taking 0.5 seconds.

-Recoil, aim factors and several other factors increased for much more realistic weapons handling.

-Optiwand has a higher field of view so that you can see a larger area. Resolution for Optiwand Camera view changed so that the view doesnt look as pixelated.

-The AK-47 and the UZI SD are now available for all game modes.

-Primary weapons can be used as secondary and secondary can be used as primary weapons. (Example Carry MP5 as Primary and carry LTL Shotgun as secondary, etc)

-Option to not choose ANYTHING for a primary or secondary slot. (Useful for training etc) (also No Armor or Now Helmet Modes

-Removed Red and Blue Team GLOW sticks from backs in TDM Mode ONLY

-AI weapons have same stats and use the same limitations of the player now.

-Dynamic Take Downs now possible with correct aiming and recoil.

-Real-world textures used in the "Loadout" screens. Real Weapon Names, Stats, etc.

-The stinger's lethality and incapacitating effects more realistic, Throwing a stinger on an unarmed person will now have a higher chance of killing them.

-Door charges have a higher lethality and stun zone. (someone standing with 5 to 8 feet from door will be knocked unconcious or killed, persons 8 to 15-20 will be stunned, like a flashbang)

-Breaching shotgun can be used for a very close range (within 15 to 30 feet) weapon.

-Several enemy guns have flashlights. (they won't always use them, but sometimes they might, especially higher-level elite suspects)

EASY Setting will not seem much different where as ELITE will be much different!

-Different game modes use the same damage settings. No more getting damaged more for playing co-op versus single player.

-AI can now engage or disengage officers at closer ranges.

-AI is more unpredictable.

-AI more likely to use cover when under fire.

-AI will fake surrendering more often.

-AI "moral effects" changed for more realistic gameplay. (Seeing buddies killed, getting shot, etc)

-AI more prone to engage or kill hostages when threatened or hearing you.

-AI much faster on the draw at shooting when they have decided to attack you.

-AI will run farther when trying to hide.

-When barricaded, AI will watch nearby doors and attack if they notice any nearby doors open.

-AI Swat will clear a room more effectively.

-AI Swat will not watch a non-threat more than a new threat.

-AI in single player gets affected by diversionary items (cs, flash, sting) the same as Co-op.
    Sound good? Well, download it then!

Re: SWAT 4 Realism Mod Released

I haven't tried it out yet but I heard the install is extremely invasive. It does have methods to restore the game to the original state but some settings will go to default. I'm sure this mod would be better if the game had better mod support or documentation on how to mod it.

It does look tempting to try. I've heard good things about it too so... hmmm.

- It's who you game with.

I tried this out for a couple hours and I like it. Try it out and if there's a concensus we should run it on the server to see how we do. I uninstalled it tonight so I could jump in with you all and I didn't have any problems at all. Smooth like butter.
      New to TG?

I'm game. I'd love to carry an M4 and a PepperBall, as long as I had a teammate with a Tazer...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

interesting clan they got there...on the whole tactical side of things...a little too closed but looks interesting none-the-less

There may be some problems with uninstalling this mod and trying to play SWAT4 Vanilla. I was able to uninstall the mod and play one time on our server that first night. After that the game would load but crash upon equipment loadout screen selection in SP.

The only thing that got it working again was to reinstall the mod. I think the mod is great, and I'm happy to not have to uninstall it period. So, just an FYI if you plan on going back and forth between realism and non-realism you may experience some crashes.

I tested this again and it looks like MP is not affected only SP. Any one else played around with this yet?
            Last edited by USN_Squid; 05-14-2005, 01:19 AM.
            New to TG?

This happened to me in GR a lot. If the last kit I selected required the mod I just disabled....wham, clank, bizzzzzzz.....thunk.

I was usually able to work around it by activating the mod again and selecting vanilla kits, then disabling the mod and moving on. Dunno if that's what's going on here but they sound similar.

I've been playing with the reality mod and like it a lot. Looking forward to some mp this weekend :D

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed