Nice read on in-game tactics...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice read on in-game tactics...

I know Apophis has the standard SOP's in the SWAT SOP forum, but I ran across this tactics SOP at The Sheriffs Special Forces site, (there the ones that make the excellent SSF Realism Mod for SWAT4), and thought it a good read... thou we don't have a big following in SWAT here, I'm hoping that will change with the add-on...

http://www.sheriffsdpt.com/main.html

OK, I tried posting the document here, but the layout didn't work...making it difficult to read... here's the direct link anyway... if you play SWAT4 Co-op..very good read...

http://www.sheriffsdpt.com/Tactics.html
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Nice read on in-game tactics...

WOW.. just noticed... when did I become SWAT admin, lol... well thx anyway.
    (got a promotion and no one told me... sounds like my real job, lol.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
      WOW.. just noticed... when did I become SWAT admin, lol... well thx anyway.
      (got a promotion and no one told me... sounds like my real job, lol.)
      I asked Apophis to add you a while back. You do remember the party? The cake? The champagne? The strippers?

What a great party. :row__577:

Comment

lol...

I must of been drunk, don't recall anything except waking up next to a fat chick (no offense fat chicks) the next morning.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I don't get the part about not crouching or leaning save for some situations. Leaning suddenly might obstruct LOS for the guy behind you, but what's wrong with crouching so that the guy behind you has a clear LOS to the door? Does it make you more likely to be hit in the head or something? I've always thought that it's good to make yourself a smaller target. And I can't see anything wrong with leaning to take a peek around something. The AI is a good shot but you're presenting a very small target when you lean from behind something.

Anyway there's a point where sticking to realism starts to give negative returns.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X