SWAT Tactic Pictures...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT Tactic Pictures...

OK you slackers, see how much I love you guys, lol...

I'm no artist or programmer, I would love to have moving pictures showing the officer symbols actually move in order like you see in professional tutorials, but I don't know how! sue me...

Here is some still images I made showing different stacks and entries, hopefully you get the basic idea... any of you that know how to make nice animation pics to show this stuff feel free to either do it yourself or contact me for a joint project.

The Basic Stack (if the EL says "stack up" this is what you do.)

Stack Left and Stack Right (usually ordered when a solid object or wall on one side, or a window/danger area on one side)

Button Hook (the default entry, if the EL says "enter" this is what he means.)

Once you enter, this is what area you cover, and I want to hear 4 clears in a row!)

Criss Cross Entry, (dangerous, because your crossing in front of someones gun, but useful if you know a subject is somewhere, the criss crosser has a direct line to the bad guy)

Then your cover area:

If told to penetrate deep, this is what you do, (useful for large rooms to clear long)

and finally Star Burst (rarely used, used for large areas with a lot of hiding spots, covering 360 till the EL decides what to do next, also used for outside areas and staging.)

Learn it, live it, love it... lol
    oh, and I know I spelled penetrate wrong on the screenshot, sue me. lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: SWAT Tactic Pictures...

Now, that's way better than ascii diagrams! Fantastic stuff!

Comment

These are great, thanks Magnum.

Comment

amazing. I might be able to try some Flash animation stuff for this very topic. Ive wanted to learn and next week im going to have ALOT of time on my hands, so maybe i will have to learn.

Great job as ussual magnum!...gonna have to print these out for tonight

my only question is what if we have more then 5 players?
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

my only question is what if we have more then 5 players?
            Should of known Trooper would ask, Always making it difficult for me, lol. ;)

The other teams/officers stay back and move in when ordered, too many people in one room during a firefight means more weapons but it also means more of a chance of friendly fire... now if the EL see's a need for a third team, then he can order it, like maybe stairs in the room, or a balcony.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Nice Pics, and thanks for the input, very helpful!!!

Comment

Nice!
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Good pictures. I'd like some clarification, either as SOP material or just discussion, on a couple of things:

1. All the breaching diagrams and methods seem to be based on a square room. But most of the rooms involve not only obstacles, but branching hallways or open passageways that seem to require something specific. Is there any procedure or conceptual framework for handling room contour?

2. There's no mention in the SOP of procedure for taking down armed suspects. I know we have to call out for them to get down, but at what point are we authorized to engage targets? Also, I think it might be useful to determine an SOP for non-complient, armed suspects. Tonight, when we breached the first room, there was a non-complient, armed suspect who was obscured by a civilian. As a result, the 3 of us moving into the room had to maneuvre around to try and get a shot on the target without jeapordizing the life of the civilian. But it seems to me that there should be some SOP in place, so that people immediately knew "roles". By the time I maneuvered around and took the target down, one of us was down. In that time span, someone could easily have either run towards him and punched him or thrown a flash bang. But no one had any procedure for what to do, so we all just yelled a bunch and side-stepped hoping for a shot. Perhaps we could discusss some ways of handling this situation and, if needed, define responsibilities for people (ie - closest person moves forward to engage in melee, or #2 immediately preps and releases flash bang). On a side note, does anyone know if firing warning shots helps in getting a suspect's compliance? In SP mode I have been firing bullets into the wall around a suspect if they are not compliant, and I believe it might be effective, but I'm not sure.
                  [volun]

Comment

... ...

??
                    [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
                      ... ...

??
                      I'm curious, too!

Comment

sorry, I missed your questions the last 3 days... been busy... at work now, but will answer them tomorrow. (today, like later, lol).
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

OK, now that I'm home, had my usual 4 hours of sleep and 2 cups of coffee, here we go. (I love to talk tactical talk ;) )

1. All the breaching diagrams and methods seem to be based on a square room. But most of the rooms involve not only obstacles, but branching hallways or open passageways that seem to require something specific. Is there any procedure or conceptual framework for handling room contour?
                          When you breach and enter, team A usually button hooks left, and B right... but if on entry has a solid wall on either the left or right, your team simply goes forward, and covers strait, not to far but enough to get out of the doorway.

If the 2 teams can button hook in, and if you have a third team (Charlie) or even a forth (Delta), they would enter the room and immediately cover any open areas, or other doorways.

When the opti-wand reporting officer reports what he sees in the next room, it should be known already, but the EL can just advise it... that team a go left, team b right, c enter and cover open door on opposite side.

If theres obstacles like shelves, you go to your assign position, and improvise, say you got a book shelve directly in your left about 5 yards in, then a button hooks left, clears the area, but then moves to observe the left side on the other side of the shelf... remember, Bravo team is going right, and if they have a big open area to scan, they need to concentrate on there assigned area, and have to trust that Alpha will clear and cover the left side of the room.

2. There's no mention in the SOP of procedure for taking down armed suspects. I know we have to call out for them to get down, but at what point are we authorized to engage targets? Also, I think it might be useful to determine an SOP for non-compliant, armed suspects. Tonight, when we breached the first room, there was a non-compliant, armed suspect who was obscured by a civilian. As a result, the 3 of us moving into the room had to maneuver around to try and get a shot on the target without jeopardizing the life of the civilian. But it seems to me that there should be some SOP in place, so that people immediately knew "roles". By the time I maneuvered around and took the target down, one of us was down. In that time span, someone could easily have either run to-wards him and punched him or thrown a flash bang. But no one had any procedure for what to do, so we all just yelled a bunch and side-stepped hoping for a shot. Perhaps we could discuss some ways of handling this situation and, if needed, define responsibilities for people (ie - closest person moves forward to engage in melee, or #2 immediately preps and releases flash bang). On a side note, does anyone know if firing warning shots helps in getting a suspects compliance? In SP mode I have been firing bullets into the wall around a suspect if they are not compliant, and I believe it might be effective, but I'm not sure.
                          My question? was a flash bang used? if there is an empty room, then the EL can order enter and clear, but if there is people, good or bad, in a room then a flash bang should ALWAYS be used... so if a bang wasn't used, I blame the EL. lol

Remember you work in teams of 2... when you enter a room, you move to cover your section, but if you run into contact, that becomes your immediate responsibility... if you know someones in the room via the opti wand report, then the first team in, usually alpha, goes strait to the subject/person... team Bravo would then button hook left or right, and a third team would button hook the opposite of Bravo... the EL should call that out.

Remember, the element enters and clears, engaging anyone that is a subject, and automatically ordering compliance to anyone in the room... then and only after everyone has entered and cleared there assigned area, do you begin handcuffing subjects and hostages, (you can pick up any weapons as soon as you see them.)

Remember odd officers cuff, even officers cover the cuffing officers.

If someone has a gun and fails to comply then you drop them, I know the game is over strict with this, but my belief in RL and in game, officers safety is priority, if you have to drop a subject, do it... I'll take the point hit over an officer killed any day.

If a victim is refusing to co-operate, give him/her the compliance orders, once the element is in room you can then use hands on force, punch the victim in game for compliance, but IRL, you grab them by the hair and slam them to the floor.. gently, lol.

If you use a tazer, another officer (your partner) should have a deadly force weapon in the ready, you don't taze without cover.

Then once that room is done, repeat for the next room... more on another thread I will be starting later to address some fragment issues.

Hoped this help.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

copy that!!!

Comment

Forgot about this till Strags linked it into another post...

I moved web sites so all those images and videos are gone from within the post links...

but all the SWAT info and pics can be found on this new page:
                              http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/new_page_4.htm
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X