No announcement yet.

CoOp video with feedback/suggustions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoOp video with feedback/suggustions...

Tried something new with this first video from the SWAT games Monday night, I took the first mission where there was only 5 of us, 2 teams of 2 and myself as the EL... Two of the guys were new to SWAT the TG way, but the team did a great job on the mission, and have a voice overlay walking you through the mission with little hints and tips for realistic gameplay.

Let me know what you think of this video, honestly, is it something that is helpful in your SWAT game play? or should I shut up and just give you the action videos, lol, and yes I'm still working on short action clips to share, because I don't want any big long downloads for you guys anymore.

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...20feedback.wmv
    Recommend you right click and save as for stutter free viewing.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: CoOp video with feedback/suggustions...

My boss got this game cause he heard me talking about it. He cant wait to join up on a public server night, im going to show him this video. Nice work magnum. Something like this along with the SOPs will bring any new player up to spead quick
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Great video, Magnum. Nice commentary -- very helpful, I should think, to both new and veteran players alike. In my opinion, this tutorial (and future ones like it) should definitely be linked from within the SOP.

Comment

Very nice video and commentary. It was very informative and helpful!

Comment

Nice to see what Swat 4 looks like when the graphics are turned up.

One thing i did notice is that you and your team seemed a bit trigger happy. The idea of Swat is to protect life, including the suspects. You can only shoot a suspect if he draws his weapon, opens fire on you or your team members, or threatens a hostage otherwise you will end up with unauthorised kills that will reduce your score.

Another thing is you cant shoot a suspect in the back even if you feel he could cause a threat further down the line. I dont think this is realistic as i believe you are allowed to in real life if you think he is gonna kill a hostage but the developers have designed the game so thati f you choose to shoot someone running away itw ill also count as an unauthorised kill.

Comment

thx for your input,

but we at TG don't play for score... we play with realism, and the number one priority is NOT to kill a civilian, or allow a bad guy to kill a civilian... the second is for all SWAT officers to go home at the end of duty, and finally to preferable arrest all subjects, but shoot to kill if necessary.

I know what the game says is justified or not... but there wrong... a successful mission is a mission complete with no injures or kills to the victims, hostages, or officers. IMO
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Fair enough.

Also how do you make your videos? is it a console command?

Comment

Originally posted by Predator19
                Fair enough.

Also how do you make your videos? is it a console command?
                I think he use's fraps.

Comment

actually I can use fraps, but then it gives feedback over TS, so I devised another way and it works great without any hit to PC resources...

I use my 2nd S video output on my graphic card and hook it to my digital camcorder, I then use a split from the soundcard, one to the headphones, and one to the sound input on my camcorder... then simply record, great digital record without any hit to frame rates on the game... then simply connect the recorded video using firewire to my PC just like any home video editing software.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                    I use my 2nd S video output on my graphic card and hook it to my digital camcorder, I then use a split from the soundcard, one to the headphones, and one to the sound input on my camcorder... then simply record, great digital record without any hit to frame rates on the game... then simply connect the recorded video using firewire to my PC just like any home video editing software.
                    That is ingenious! What a great way to record w/o bogging down system resources...

You should post this method in Hardware/Software or somewhere else as well.
                    LoyalGuard

Comment

Forgot about this till Strags linked it into another post...

I moved web sites so all those images and videos are gone from within the post links...

but all the SWAT info and pics can be found on this new page:
                      http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/new_page_4.htm
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Magnum, is your SWAT 4 coop video linked from that new page? I didn't see it, but I probably overlooked it.

Comment

sorry, thats one that I lost... when I moved to my new site the back up file of that video was corrupt, so lost it.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Let me look on my system when I get home and see if I still have it. If I can find it, Magnum, do you mind if I upload it to my TG space for linking?

Comment

not at all.
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X