Playing w/o the optiwand...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing w/o the optiwand...

Like it was mentioned in another post (buried somewhere where it don't belong,lol)... last night we played without optiwands... this IMO is more realistic because only about 10 departments in the US have them, most are the big cities...

Well it was very fun, more intense, and alot quicker... BUT theres a catch, (isn't there always)... since you don't know whats in the next room, you have to work more as a fine oiled machine, and you have to follow proticol...

1. You should use bangs as much as possible, at least in the bigger rooms, if you've studied your layouts.

2. You have to stack and enter very very tight, because if team A enters and clears left (as per SOP), team B has to be in fast and furious to engage a subject that might be to the right, before that subject has time to kill team A.

3. If team A enters, there suppose to clear left, but if they see a subject to the right or strait, then they need to communicate "Subject Right", then they change there plans and go directly to the subject, Team B needs to know this because now they have to clear left!

4. It goes alot quicker w/o the wand... the element enters and clears a room, calls all clear, immediately the EL points at the next door, and orders a stack, you stack, enter and clear... theres very little planning or talking now... so you need to know what your responsibility is.

There... it is alot of fun, but to succeeded, you need to know the procedures for stacking and entering rooms... it's not as strict or difficult as you think. 3 stacks, and 4 entries.

and this goes to show, the EL gets to run it as they wish... so it's not all set in stone and hard to figure out... but it ain't no military shooter folks.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Playing w/o the optiwand...

I really liked that idea. It went quick and fast, get in get out. This is just one of those things where we need to pick the EL before the rounds start.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I liked playing without wands. But if the EL leader decides that he wants wands then we should take wands.

Comment

agreed, what i posted were tactical comments not demands. ;) Just to clarify.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I really enjoyed the pace and the challenge w/o wands. It made the SOP's clearer in my head because we depended on *basic* tactics, rather than fine-tuning each doorway. I've often lost an instruction, or planning element, or even details of room intel because there's so much discussion going on. Going in blind means simplifying to the most basic procedures and adapting on the fly.

But I should add... while I really enjoy this style better, I'm not opposed to using wands if the EL chooses.

And to add further... playing w/o wands helps to cross train for other games where tight teamwork/SOP's can be great fun. The more we practice in SWAT with the same 'tools' we'd have in other games, we'll be that much better at playing the same or similar way elsewhere (thinking AA, of course, but other CQB games would show this off too).

Comment

Even GR when you dont have flashes or wands.

Comment

I have noticed a very big improvement in game play, especially MOUT warfare, in other games like GR, OFP, AA...since those gamers have been playing SWAT... thats a good sign in my book.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

No optiwands sounds like a great idea to me. I'm all in favor.
                [volun]

Comment

Me too!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed