More on Cover and Movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Cover and Movement

Jex covered some of this, but I've seen this happen a bunch of times, on several different servers, so I thought we should go over some basic team movement strategies.

1) Cover.

Teammates cover each other, at all times. There should be no reason why all three members of fireteam 1 go through a door, and get surprised by a perp walking up behind them.

Basic cover requires that if Blue leader (whoever that is at the moment) goes R, trailer 1 should sight/move L, with trailer 3 guarding the rear.

Larger teams can break into seperate fire teams, with fireteam 1 making entry, and fireteam 2 providing cover. Alternate so it doesn't get monotous for either team.

2) Movement.

Basic staggered movement is the difference between a successful mission, and death on several of the maps (jewelry store, lab, etc..).

This should go without saying, but discipline breaks down during games, so I'll say it anyway: Team leader moves, trailers cover. Then Leader Covers while Trailers move up.

With a larger group, fireteam 1 moves, team 2 covers, then team 1 covers as team 2 leapfrogs up.

3) Breaking up into teams?

On the TG server, we are limited to 5 team members. That can be changed, but for now, let's suppose that you have only 5 members of the element. Should the team break up to accomplish the mission more quickly/effectively?

I'd say no. Now, I'm not being a hardass on this. The game is calibrated with the assumption that all 5 team members will act as a team, and get the job done together.

Having teammates wander off just invites trouble. I've seen this happen alot with GWJ, where, in the Bio Lab Mission for example, team one goes high, team 2 goes low, and on entry you hear "Officer Down."

Every "Officer Down" message just makes the remainder of the mission more difficult the remaining team members; one less eye for threats, one less gun to handle them.

Until we up the server limit, let's keep it together people.

Let's be careful out there!

Re: More on Cover and Movement

I would agree on keeping the team together. SWAT is a team game, it's not a game for rambo's - that's what the likes of JO are for.

It is a lot harder to work together, effectively, as a team than going solo. It is also important that you stick to your assigned role. This can never be overstated enough. Everyone goes "yeah, yeah I can cover 6" - then the next thing you know, everyone is dead because the guy guarding 6 got bored and decided to have a look at what was going on up front.

Cover, cover, cover. Nobody wanders off and the team leader should make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing.

We play it a little differently. We have red and blue team. Red team are the entry team, blue goes back up. Team leader guards the six most of the time and lets red and blue team get on with it. After the round, we swap people around so everyone gets a go at lead, and each of the red and blue spots. We find it's a lot less confusing to assign roles prior to going in. That way, no one gets confused or misplaced, and there's no fumbling around.
    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
      This can never be overstated enough. Everyone goes "yeah, yeah I can cover 6" - then the next thing you know, everyone is dead because the guy guarding 6 got bored and decided to have a look at what was going on up front.
      That's what headcams are for! :icon_razz

I like having blue team cover six while red clears a room. Red team should also be ready to call in blue (trailers) to help secure the room.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

When a team moves in using a dynamic entry, sometimes things get confusing, if i was the 3rd man going in would i go right of the door and sweep the room? or would i just go straight in?

Comment

Originally posted by RickJJ~NTO~
          When a team moves in using a dynamic entry, sometimes things get confusing, if i was the 3rd man going in would i go right of the door and sweep the room? or would i just go straight in?
          Technically, Blue 3 should be out in the hall, covering the exit, but lets suppose that you are using dymanic movement. In that case, Blue 3 should go straight in.

There are no hard and fast rules about this, but let's pick the Red Library mission as an example. On the second floor, there is an office on the far corner, which usually has 2, if not 3 gunman. If you haven't gotten that far, it's a large office where the door enters in the middle. There are couches left and right of the door.

The gunman placing is always different, but generally, there is one terrorist to the R, and one behind the desk center.

So if Blue 1 goes right, he is sighting one terrorist.

If Blue 2 goes left, he's looking at a couch, but his sight is taken off the gunman behind the desk, and he is side is exposed.

So Blue 3 goes straight in, and picks up the other terrorist. Once that threat is neutralized, Blue 3 should cover the exit.

That's what makes it a solid entry: all potential threats are covered, and quickly neutralized.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X