Fix for randomly crashing Dirt 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for randomly crashing Dirt 2

If you play Dirt 2 and are getting random crashes, I think I have found the cause and the solution.

If you are using an nVIDIA 4xx/5xx or ATI 5xxx series video card, Dirt 2 attempts to run in DX11 mode. For some reason, this seems to cause random crashes. To fix it, you must force Dirt 2 to run in DX9 mode. Here is how you accomplish that:

to force the game to run in dx9 mode, open
    Documents/My Games/Dirt2/hardwaresettings/hardware_settings_config.xml

Find <directx forcedx9="false" /> and change to <directx forcedx9="true" />
    Wookiie was having the random crashes on his ATI 5xxx series video card until he applied this fix. He now plays Dirt 2 as long as he wants, without the annoying crashes.

Hope this helps!

sigpic

Awesome! I felt really bad for wookiie every time he crashed out. Now you've saved from having to feel pity, but unfortunately pity has given way to gratefulness. When will I be free of these human emotions that hold me back!

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: Fix for randomly crashing Dirt 2

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
      When will I be free of these human emotions that hold me back!
      Use my "hax". The apathy that they impart is welcome relief from the stupidity that is humanity. :icon_cool

sigpic

Comment

:D

Actually it's also very useful info for me. I have an ati 5770 and intend to finally get around to installing win 7 this evening!

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: Fix for randomly crashing Dirt 2

Played a couple tonight and didn't crash, despite not getting around to trying your fix. Hopefully I won't need it after all. I can feel the gratefulness seeping out of me! I'm free!

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X