Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for some F1 2010/Grid Nights this week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for some F1 2010/Grid Nights this week?

Hey guys, anyone up for a change of pace from the normal nightly Dirt meetups? Grid and F1 2010 according to the poll here are the 2nd and 3rd most owned driving games at TG.

If you've never played Grid and are wondering about it, think Dirt physics and graphics combined with circuit racing. If you are on the fence about buying the game, steam has it for $14.99 here.

If you've never played F1 2010, it is a fast paced circuit racer with fantastic physics and graphics. While not a bump and grind game some of the circuits offer great overtaking opportunities. If you don't know the tracks, much like GT5 there is a racing line feature. The game is playable on all ranges of ability with difficulty settings to boot. You don't need to know anything about F1 to play the game. F1 2010 is available for 39.99 on Steam.

Both games are great fun, and I encourage you to take a look at the trailers and some gameplay videos.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

I could see myself getting grid at that price if enough people were willing to play it frequently.

I'll have to look into f1 some more though. while sony held exclusive rights to f1, I became very disappointed with the games. Basically, for me, any f1 racing is going to have to be at least as realistic and unforgiving as grand prix legends, otherwise I can't get into it.

Speaking of which, anyone want to try a gpl night? :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Also, I'd be interested in rFactor 2 when it comes out.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: Anyone up for some F1 2010/Grid Nights this week?

I'm interested in F1 2010 events..
        BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
          I'll have to look into f1 some more though. while sony held exclusive rights to f1, I became very disappointed with the games. Basically, for me, any f1 racing is going to have to be at least as realistic and unforgiving as grand prix legends, otherwise I can't get into it.
          I can't speak for GPL as I've never played it, but compared to rFactor its a little dumbed down. While not a full sim, it does introduce sim elements in an easy to understand HUD. For example, you don't need to worry about keeping tire pressures or temps up to a specific level as in rFactor, but you do need to keep them within a certain range. This is aided by the display of the car, red=too hot, green=just right, blue=too cold. Damage to your car massively effects downforce. You can get punctures, you can take off a wheel by kising a barrier.

I like that in multiplayer you have the option to balance all the cars to be even, which then the player can alter the setup (the default HRT is MUCH slower then the Red Bull by virtue of speed and downforce).

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

F1 would be fun; I only really have GRID because I picked it up at steam a while back for $1.50.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...