Help a complete rFactor noob!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a complete rFactor noob!

Er, I just downloaded the trial version of rFactor, and I have a pretty stupid question.
    It seems to come with three different cars you can drive... How do I change car??
    I click customize, choose car, drill into team black, which is some rhez thing or something (the slowest car), and then back out, and it shows my car rotating in the background.
    But when I go to start a practice session or race weekend, no matter what class I pick, I end up in the green thing, the fastest car.

Also, starting a replay crashes my game :(

It looks pretty rough around the edges for a 2007 game!

[Spartan 9]

Re: Help a complete rFactor noob!

The demo, if I'm not mistaken is from the original 2005 release. The 2007 overhaul fixed %99.9 of the bugs. Make sure that you click "Buy Car." To double check, click "Show Owned" and that will filter the cars to show which ones you own. If it's not letting you buy the car then there is an .ini you can edit.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

They make a big point about me having the full game, and all I need to do is buy it and continue playing, so I'd be well surprised if this isn't representative of the "full" game.

Anyway, I already filtered by owned, and it showed me the three cars I get in the trial. One of these is the one I was trying to select :(

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Is there a lock icon on top of any of the three cars?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Balfa if you are looking to get into racing games try out "iRacing" if you have a wheel. It is the best by far if you are looking for simulation.
          The stock rFactor game is pure crap in my book. Once you own the whole game and can use some of the Mods it comes alive though. The best most realistic mods are, HistorX, Endurance Racers, and a couple of the single seater F1 and Nippon mods.
          Racing is my main passion online. Shooting is a close second :-)

Todd
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry I haven't tried it again acog, getting my steering wheel sorted out is waiting on a long chain of tasks (involving bits of pc strewn about the room) getting completed first.

Todd, is iracing subscription based? If so, that'd make it a complete non starter for me.

Also, shouldn't your name be todddriver then?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X