Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iRacing One Month FREE!

Hey everyone,

I just saw that iRacing is offering one month free to new users! Check out all the info at the link below:

http://www.virtualr.net/one-free-mon...iracing-promo/

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: iRacing One month FREE

Nice find ACOG, I'm checking it out right now.
    |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
    Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
    We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
    And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
    He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Re: iRacing One Month FREE!

I just had my first race. Wow, what can I say. I am really impressed by the physics - I really felt like I was in the car. I did a 20 lap race of Lime Rock in an MX5 Cup car. I ended up in 4th, 3 laps down off the leader and 5 seconds off the pace, binned it on a blue flag crashing into someone a lap ahead of me, but damn was I happy to finish my first race!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, it's a pretty special sim. I go in cycles of membership and inactivity (currently inactive). But every time I get the itch to iRace again, I always love the driving experience above everything else I've come across (very close second, at least for physics is netKar... but I just don't *love* driving it the same as I do iRacing).

Comment

Yeah, netKar is brutal with physics. If you push it a little too far, you're in a ditch. I remember the first time I played it, I applied about half throttle to get out of the garage and I spun, haha! iRacing strikes a balance between forgiveness and difficulty. Now I have to figure out how to make up those 5 seconds a lap on Lime Rock... lol. :)

Comment

Hm, I'd forgotten about netkar... So despite the fact it's only €15, its main downside is that there are only eight cars and no way for the community to make any?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Must...not....get...addicted...to...iRacing....

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                No Go ahead:icon_lol: I have bought everything after a year of resisting a subscription based service!!

After racing LFS and rFactor for years for a nominal fee it took awhile to save up the small fortune needed to buy all the content in iRacing.....BUT I must say I am not disappointed!! After years of being crashed out of races on the first lap by impatient people that would be dead in real cars as a result. It is a wicked feeling to be finishing almost all my races and finishing well (for me) because I don't get crashed every lap.
                You still run into disrespectful people but on a much smaller scale. I have found the |TG| of the racing world!!

As a result I haven't been torturing my |TG| friends with my presence as much lately:icon_lol: Soon the shininess will wear off and I'll be back to shooters as much but for now I need to get my monies worth.

PS: If anyone decides to purchase content in iRacing give me a shout and I'll give you some purchasing tips to save you some cash.

Todd
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                  Just play it once a month and have no fear of addiction. :icon12:

sigpic

Comment

I am downloading this.... if it's as good as you guys say then I'm going to go past the one month free and keep the subscription.

EDIT: This game is pretty cool. I love the formula car!
                    Last edited by Mediator; 02-27-2011, 09:41 PM.
                    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

So what content did you buy Mediator? We could all get together and do a race this weekend if you like. I can bring some of my racing team with me and make a big race of it.
                      My iRacing name is Todd Martelle add me as a friend if you want.
                      sigpic

Comment

Do remember that once you stopped subscribing, you will not be able to play the game in any sort of "offline mode". So the cars and tracks you purchase on top of the subscription fee still require you to pay a subscription to continue using them.

You can, however, drop your sub and come back months later and still have the previously-purchased items still in your account.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X