TG Racing League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Racing League

Alrighty. So us GT Legends racers haven't gotten together for a couple weeks now. I'd like to reverse this trend if at all possible with an idea.

How's about a racing league? Every week there's a single race. We agree on the track, the car(s), etc beforehand. Everybody can practice offline as much or as little as they like on their own time. On raceday we get together for a brief warmup practice (say, 10-15 mins... everybody should have already found their ideal setup during offline practice... this practice round is for making sure game controllers/wheels are working properly, connections are stable, etc). This would be followed by a 5-10 min qualifying session (depending on track length), and then finally the race.

I propose a 10 lap race... long enough to force drivers to mind their tire wear, fuel, etc, not to mention driving carefully enough to finish (let alone win). Our 5 lap races have always been sprints for the most part. We've played very fast and loose and I'd like to encourage better simulation racing. This means Professional level difficulty (the highest) - full damage, the works. Sloppy or overly aggressive driving will result in wrecks, and wrecks will eventually knock a car out (basically, I'm suggesting we raise the bar to TG standards... if this were a tactical game that is ;) ).

The results of each race will be tracked and we'll be able to see our 'season' standings. We'll race each track only once. We'll stick with official tracks for starters but can include modded ones as we go (I want to be sure they're well regarded in the GTL racing community for quality, no/low bugs, etc before making it an official track for the season).

This is the extent of my thoughts so far. There's plenty to work out still if people are interested.

Post if you like (or not) and any thoughts.

Note to those with additional race titles: I'm going with GT Legends right now. I'd like to do rFactor and others too, but I think one series is enough for now, and sticking with the title a few folks just bought. There's room to expand down the road if there's interest for it (GTR2 is on the horizon ;) ).

Re: TG Club Racing League

Excellent idea Mirfee!

I'd like to suggest we start with the less powerful cars and work our way up. I don't think we need to start at the bottom with mini coopers, but maybe with the 60's touring cars for a couple races and then to the 60's GT cars and so on.

Sign me up!
    New to TG?

Comment

Actually I am a real racing nut, from GT4 to CM rallye. What do I need to do to get a piece of this? Does this game support the Logitech DFP?
      Last edited by RocketPunch; 08-30-2006, 01:23 PM.
      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I am up for it, I still need to get a wheel. That is a must for professional because their is no ABS or traction control and doing that with a keyboard is impossible.

I would like to actually try 15-20 laps because then tire wear would really be a factor then.

Comment

Squid - Starting with 60's touring cars and working up sounds great to me. Just what I was thinking. I'd like to have the races focus on driver performance rather than vehicle advantages/disadvantages... so sticking to a single make per race would be the way to go with this. We could throw in mixed makes down the line for some added excitement (though still the same class).

Rocket - Thanks for popping into the thread! Glad to see more interest! (We've only been about 5-6 strong so far). You'll need a copy of GT Legends and a wheel/pedal combo. I presume the Logitech DFP is a particular model, in which case, I bet it's compatible (the game has *excellent* force feedback and is cozy with a variety of controllers I understand. Most of us ended up with the Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback. It's been outstanding!).

Note... I don't know how you feel about Starforce copy protection, but GT Legends uses it. None of us playing have encountered problems so far though.

Turbo - I agree that a longer race would introduce more maintenance/endurance aspects, so more laps would be ok in my view. As with much of this, I'd like to work our way up to the higher levels. I'm looking at keeping an event to an hour or so, including warmup/practice, qualifying, and race. This way it's hopefully a smaller bite in people's schedule. The day/evening of the event could be shifted as needed to fit as many participant's schedule as possible... and being an hour or so would hopefully prove a pretty 'portable' slot to work in.

Thanks for the enthusiasm and input guys!

Comment

If you guys get into rFactor, give me a holler - I picked it up a while ago.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

It's definitely on my 'to get' list.

But with GTL being so new here still (a very very recent purchase for some), and with gaming hours at a premium (and being tough enough to get a bunch of us together at the same time), I'm hoping to keep the focus on one game til we're all pretty well ready for a change.

I know Chappie is also an rFactor player. His enthusiasm for that title (not to mention it being by many of the folks who made the engine which GTL is based on) is plenty exciting to me. I'd definitely push for that as a follow up title (though, GTR2 is due out Sept 18, so there's some competition for dollars and hours there too. ;) ).

All that said, glad to see another racer, Munchkin! I'll look for you when rFactor starts circulating (even if it's just me... eventually).

Comment

Hey guys!!,

Sorry I haven't been around lately...school started and the boys high school soccer season is in full swing now (I'm an assistant coach/keeper coach) so I'm very busy at the moment...

I'm up for whatever the majority decides...and if I'm able to attend you can count me in!!! Soccer season ends in late October/early November (depending on how the playoffs go..:) so I'll be around much more then.

I'll keep watching this thread!!!

Chappie

Comment

Thanks Chappie!

I hope to get my ideas firmed up a bit better over the weekend, so I'll post the initial season info early next week. If possible, I hope that the first race can kick off a week after that (or so).

Comment

Hey all,

Any news on this front??? Just curious...I'll keep watching!!!

Chappie

Comment

Got distracted with real life and Advanced Warfighter.

Still looking to have info to post within this week. :)

Comment

GT Legends fans!

Keep your eyes on this space.

The inaugural TG Club Racing League will officially launch in the coming week. Official rules, schedule, tracks, classes, and car matchups will be posted on Friday, Sept. 8. The first race will kick off the following weekend (on or about Sept 16, players' schedules depending). Plan on the event lasting about 1 hour (including warmup/practice session, qualifying session, and 20 lap race).

The first track and cars will be announced in the official season release tomorrow. Make sure to get in your offline practice and find your car setups between then and raceday.

Comment

I guess I will be getting a wheel this week then. :)

Comment

I should reiterate that the date of the first race is flexible.

The weekend of the 16th is my wide target. I had to name a date in order to commit myself to getting all the season/league info completed and posted. ;)

I'll be looking to each hopeful participant for the best date and time to hold this. I certainly want everybody to have a clear spot on their schedules, and all the necessary hardware to run effectively.

Comment

Sounds good Mirfee, and thanks for putting it together. I'll be ready!
                              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X