TG Racing League - INFO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Racing League - INFO

Here it is. The first draft of the league structure, guidelines, etc.

With Apophis' blessing, a new forum/subforum/subsection/whatever has been created to house the racing league info and discussions. All threads pertaining to the racing league have beeen migrated here.

Until I can get these logistics and loose ends worked out, I present to you the following so we can start twisting our wrenches and try to keep our cars from swapping ends while we gear up for the first race! :row__642:

PLEASE NOTE - Full series structure guidelines and rules moved to sticky thread. - CLICK HERE

Keep in mind
    - While contact is sometimes unavoidable, always try to race cleanly.
    - Finishing the race is preferable to risking (and crashing) unnecessarily. Twenty laps is pretty long. Save the car so you can race to win at the end.
    - Win by driving better than the other guy. Donít try to be faster by exceeding your skill over the carís limits (and physics).
    - Yield to the faster car. Blocking invites wrecks, especially in a turn.
    Rule of thumb Ė 2 cars approaching a turnÖ the inside car has the right of way if the front of their car is even with or ahead of the outside carís. Inside car canít pull up at least even? Then he has to back off on the pass attempt and yield to the outside car.
    - Practice! The track, race time, car(s), etc are all prescheduled. Learn how it all goes together for you. Figure out where the racing line is. Race against the AI in cars like youíll face. Learn how hard you can drive to be fast and consistent. Monitor tire wear and fuel consumption - plan for endurance and when youíll need to pit. Too aggressive and youíll need more tire changes as they get chewed up on the track.
    - Most of all - HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by Mirfee; 09-18-2006, 08:55 PM.

Re: TG Club Racing League - INFO

Please see sticky thread for official schedule. CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Mirfee; 09-18-2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Hey Hey!!,

Looks good Mirfee...not sure when or if I'll be able to make it...but I'll keep watching the forums as next week progresses!!

Great job BTW!!!

Chappie

Comment

Very Nice, count me in as long as nothing sudden comes up.

Comment

Outstanding stuff, Mirfee. Thanks to this, I believe GT Legends will be my next game.

Comment

Thanks for the responses and enthusiasm guys! Chappie, I look forward to when you're able to join us. Turbo, I hope you're able to pick up a wheel easily and not too expensively. And Strag, great to see another driver!

I'm thinking that the first Cup that's scheduled will be the shakedown run for the League in terms of rules, structure, etc. So I hope folks will be patient with any course corrections that might come up as problems are addressed.

Shouldn't be problems with the racing itself, though, since we've had excellent runs for our past pickup games.

I'm rolling around some league goals that I'd like to see materialize, but I'm going to hold off on opening things for discussion til I've got the racing forum established and we get the first cup underway.

I sure hope this takes off and is enjoyed by all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
              I'm thinking that the first Cup that's scheduled will be the shakedown run for the League in terms of rules, structure, etc. So I hope folks will be patient with any course corrections that might come up as problems are addressed.
              Sounds good to me, I just want to race. League or not. Having a season will just add to the excitement of the game which is already awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                Sounds good to me, I just want to race. League or not. Having a season will just add to the excitement of the game which is already awesome.
                That's what I'm hoping for too. It's really just a way to consolidate racers so we can build a decent field of competition. And the League/season simply gives some continuity and structure for everyone... hopefully providing longer term encouragement/incentives/goals/whatever, to good racing each week.

Funny... part of this flies in the face of TG's teamwork standard. It's all individual competition! However, I look at this as, we're already TG, so we're already friends and team mates. I already trust without question that each and every one of you is not a wrecker and looking for good games. What better group of people to get together and drive like hell for bragging rights? :row__642:

Comment

hm - sounds really cool - I don't have GTL yet, but am pretty interested - played the wheels off GranTurismo4, and am hankerin for some good racing.

So...uh.. you guys use wheels I assume? any recommendations for a good/affordable wheel?

Comment

Thanks for your interest Whiskey!

I think nearly everyone here uses a wheel (Turbo is/was looking for one). On Professional difficulty there are *no* driving assists (ie, traction control, ABS, etc). The only aid allowed is Automatic Clutch, as most wheel/pedal combos don't have a third pedal for clutch.

The consensus here is heavily for the Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback. It runs $75-$100 new, depending on where you shop for it, and even less on ebay I'm told. I cannot recommend any other brand/model as I simply have no experience outside the MOMO. I'm sure there are less expensive ones to be found, and at acceptable quality, though there's junk out there too, so be sure to do your research.

Hope we can entice you to join up!

Comment

these: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...eel&category0=

for $22?

Comment

Yep. First one I clicked on said it's refurbished. But for $22, it's a steal even if it conks out.

Comment

I bought a refurbished logitech Momo off e-bay for $46 including shipping from justdeals.com. Works great!

By the way, I just read on the rcsnet.org forums that certain controllers retain available assists even on professional settings. And we all thought Turbo was a late braking God! Just kidding Turbo, you are a great driver, but it is something to consider for the league.

"The number of allowed driving assists is determined by the difficulty setting and controller type. Beginner level allows all driving assists whereas very few are available in Professional mode. Note that digital controllers (e.g. keyboard, digital joypads) are allowed additional assists to ensure playability, even in Professional mode."
                          Last edited by USN_Squid; 09-11-2006, 03:31 PM. Reason: added e-bay link.
                          New to TG?

Comment

Interesting find Squid.

I would definitely have a hard time penalizing someone stuck driving a keyboard. If the game allows it to help retain playability, then I have no problem with it. I might revisit such an idea if it turned out that someone used the allowance as an exploit to in fact gain advantage.

But since we're all TG, I know that'll never be the case.

Comment

I will be getting a wheel this Friday, I think the keyboard gives an advantage to braking but it sucks to control the car when you are in the corner and exciting. A wheel gives you a huge advantage on exciting because you can keep up your momentum. I think it would be impossible with a keyboard without the TC and ABS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X