Great Race!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Race!

Great race last night guys. I think if we could eventually field eight cars it would be even better. But that said, wow was that race awesome. It was pretty hard to stay focused for 20 laps but it was so much fun. Looking forward to next week's race.

Re: Great Race!

wish i was playing :(

looking forward to joining in :)

Comment

Yes, great race and congrats to Turbo for taking 1st. I'm proud to have come in 1st for most spectacular crash ;) My advice to future racers; never, never skip the practice session.

I went through the replay and came up with a handful of highlights, so stay tuned for video.
      New to TG?

Comment

Cant wait for the video!

Comment

Yeah, what a great and fun time! I enjoyed the little time I had setting up and preping for the race, and the race itself was nothing short of awesome! I was sweating and just short of having a heart attack during the race. It was so so much different racing in the game knowing that there is a live human controlling each and every single car.

Me in action!

I had a great time preping the car for the race, getting the right set up for my driving style and the track. However, my strategy was flawed right from the get go as I did not commit to a full race testing which had me pitting in at lap 10. What is even more impressive was me and Turbo had a go fight going in the opening laps and I must say he did a great job as he had the full race fuel right from the start. Nice win!

Mirfee's strategy also paid off big time as he went for total stability and consistency, and stick with concentrating on not making any mistakes (which I don't think he made any during the whole race, way to go!). 2nd place!

I spun like twice (or more?) on the first 10 laps i did and I went in the pits at lap 10 for fuel and tires. The pit stop took 44 secs and I rejoin the race at lap 11 in P4 14secs (I think) behind Squid. At that point I was just thinking of just to not make anymore mistakes and finish the race. However, I see my lap times started to improve again once I calm down a little and was gaining on Squid. It reignited my "fire" as I see a podium is within reach. I finally got 3rd partly due to some good laps I did during the second half of the game. I crossed the finish line with a +1m13s behind 2nd place Mirfee.

I had a blast!!! Thank you all for such a fun experience!
          Last edited by RocketPunch; 09-17-2006, 07:11 PM.
          Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I qualified with 3 laps worth of fuel. :icon19:

It was really crazy, I was sweating too just trying to concentrate and not make a mistake. When I came back up on you and Squid I started to make more mistakes because I was watching you guys instead of my line. Nice pic! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
              I qualified with 3 laps worth of fuel. :icon19:

It was really crazy, I was sweating too just trying to concentrate and not make a mistake. When I came back up on you and Squid I started to make more mistakes because I was watching you guys instead of my line. Nice pic! :)
              Yeah me too. I was meant to say the speed of your opening laps.

"When I came back up on you and Squid I started to make more mistakes because I was watching you guys instead of my line."

Yeah, at that point I was short of being lapped...lol, and really you had such a big lead that all you need to do is bring it home.

Comment

First off, absolutely great race last night! I performed far better than past experience would have predicted... especially on Pro difficulty. My only goal was to put in a solid technical race. Winning wasn't my intent in the least. While I managed to avoid making any contact with walls, other cars, etc, I did get sideways a few times and they cost me precious seconds. I think there may have been one time that I came to a near stop, though saved it from a full spinout. My lap times were largely consistent, and fast enough to be competitive (though no real looming threat to Turbo! :row__642: ... sheesh that guy earned his name! :icon_cool ) with my fastest coming on the very last one, if you can believe it. Nineteen-lap-old worn out tires and I posted my fastest race time on 'em!

As for Turbo and lapping traffic... I was never more than 8-10sec behind him. If he had made any susbstantial mistake (a full spinout vs a wreck), I was within range to catch up to him. With a bit of luck (bad luck for Turbo, that is), I might even have been able to overtake him then, too.

I don't know if he was factoring that small lead in when he came up on you guys. I imagine it would have kept the pressure on to keep pushing, rather than let off knowing that there was actually about a lap between you three.

I've got data to post once I figure out the best way to do so (coming from an Excel file that is).

Great games guys. Thanks so much for helping to kick off the League with a race to remember.

Comment

Ya as you could tell Mirfee I was trying to put some time between you and me. When I spun the one time you were only 2.3 seconds behind. I think I streched it out to around 11 then I came into the traffic. When that happened I think it got down to 8 or 7 once or twice which was way to close for comfort. If I would of spun you probably would of overtaken me or been right up behind me.

Having guys around really screws with your head and throws your timing way off.

Comment

A good friend has ordered this game for me as a wedding gift, so it should be inbound pretty soon. I'm excited to play it!

So.....any chance of having races on a weeknight(s)? :)

Comment

Great to hear, Strag!

Weeknights? Perhaps. Just depends on when.

Comment

I can do weeknights at the same time (10et).
                        New to TG?

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking after 9pm Eastern.

Comment

Yeah, works for me too.

Comment

I played with the free frap alternative they talked about on the other thread and thru that and windows movie maker. I captured and encoded the first 4m30s of the first race, it is small but I want to put more resource on framerate. A 4m30 video at thise setting is around 16mb.

TGRL race one footage: http://www.tacticalsites.com/~rocket...deo/TGRL-1.wmv

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X