Event #2: a reminder if you will be using the Cortina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event #2: a reminder if you will be using the Cortina

I just found out that unlike the GTA's, the Cortina do have a choice of LHD and RHD cars. However, only #901 & #911 are LHD cars, so keep in mind so you won't be surprised for the actual race.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; 09-19-2006, 07:51 PM.
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Re: Event #2: a reminder if you will be using the Cortina

I was just playing around on that track and man is it tight. The AI drivers are running away from me. What is your best time so far? The best I can get is around 1:07 the top AI is doing 1:03 somehow.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to practice yet.

Tonight, I hope. I'll post my results (I'll be in an Alfa, though, so this will have some small effect one way or another).

Comment

I was in the Alfa, I couldn't keep the Cortina on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
          I was just playing around on that track and man is it tight. The AI drivers are running away from me. What is your best time so far? The best I can get is around 1:07 the top AI is doing 1:03 somehow.
          I was doing around the same lap time 1m07s to mid 1m06s with a 21 lap fuel load. Just like I mentioned on the other post, lap timewise they are almost identical. Are you sure the AI cars are on a 20 lap fuel load?

There are some odd spots using the Cortina on this track due to A) 4 speed tranny, B) no camber adjustment F&R. I find myself had to short shift for turn 2 (left hander down hill) and turn 6 (right hander) to avoid power sliding out those corners.

Comment

Ya I got the same with the Cortina trying it again. I am pretty sure they were on a 6-8 lap fuel window. But they were really flying around their. That track should be fun, I am sure their will be a lot of excitement about every lap.

Comment

First runs in the Alfa were straddling 1:09. That's fairly consistent with the time difference I saw in our first race... often 2-4 sec slower than you two. A bit more practice and I think I'll knock that down to a consistent 1:08 straddle.

Comment

On a perfect lap vs AI, I managed a 1:06.422 in the Alfa.

Not so sure I can consistently repeat that, especially to keep the tires intact, but I did manage to beat my own hot lap time considerably.

I'm betting mid/high 1:07s to low 1:08s are my best possible consistent race speed as of now.

Comment

I've been practicing with the Lotus just to see if it's even viable for this race and my hotlap is 1:06:5 with high 107s average.

I used the cortina alot on the single player cups when I first got the game, so it'd be fun to try it again. I don't think this track is going to exploit the Alfa's 5th gear, which is it's main advantage. I'm having a hard time with setups though. All the online setups are actually worse than the default with minor changes.
                  New to TG?

Comment

That's a good lap Squid. Looks like we'll have a competitive field. :)

My only interest in the Alfa is that I've driven it more than any other in the TC-65 and have a certain comfort with it that's hardly objective. ;) That 5th gear is usually an advantage, but here, I'm not even touching it. So I'm trying to maximize it's power and handling (I really like the natural balance of this car, and if geared properly, the torque can be tamed in the tight corners).

For setups, I've abandoned online choices. Haven't found anything measurably better, so I'm gradually making my own adjustments.

THis should prove to be a very interesting race given the choice in cars and tweaking we're each experimenting with. :)

Comment

^^^ indeed!

I will take a SS and post my set-up I came up with for my Cortina once I got home for your reference, Squid. I find that set-up suits my driving but it might not be good for everyone.

Comment

Hey Mirfee are you going to be around Friday night for some practice runs?

Comment

Unless something comes up, I should be around.

Usual start window... 9ish to 10ish ET. I'll idle on TS and put the server up when someone joins.

I'm probably good to go for a couple hours.

Pretty standard. ;)

Comment

There are some odd spots using the Cortina on this track due to A) 4 speed tranny, B) no camber adjustment F&R. I find myself had to short shift for turn 2 (left hander down hill) and turn 6 (right hander) to avoid power sliding out those corners.
                            My grandad had a Ford Cortina that I learnt to drive in. 2nd gear never worked so i had to use some strange shifting, but i never encountered the problem of a powerslide.

Comment

That's pretty cool. I've never driven *any* of the classics in this game. I slept in a Jag XKE at 80mph when I was about a year old, and had my eyeballs plastered against the back of my skull in a '70 Vette when I was about seven... but never drove a damn one of 'em.

So... Wulfyn... you joining us this week?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X