Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event #1 Video Highlights

Hey guys,

What was originally supposed to be a one-evening project, turned into the better part of four. :madsmile:

But here's the fruit of that effort. This video is more or less a compressed recap of the first League race. It's a tick over 7 minutes (1/5th the full race duration) and comes in 2 different file sizes.

I got mega carried away with editing, and coverage, and titles, and so on. I actually could have done a ton more, but I haven't fired up GTL to actually *play* since last race. I really need some track time to practice.

So here it is, in all its shaky glory.

Big video (NTSC quality WMV, 720x480, 93mb)

Small video (High quality WMV, 320x240, 34mb)

I'm thinking that, if this meets with your approval, it might make for a good teaser to show in the general and/or sim forums here for recruitment. If it needs work, there's always room to make a compilation from several races (say, at the end of the current 4-event run).

I've also got a (mentally unsound) idea to make a version set to appropriately rockin music of the period, but that's very much up in the air.

Thanks for providing such great material. Hope you like! :row__642:

Re: Event #1 Video Highlights

Very nice stuff, Mirfee. Thanks for making this. Movies and screenshots are typically great tools for recruitment.

If you're thinking about recording an alternative "track" for this movie, I'd suggest something similar to a director's commentary on a DVD. You could explain a little bit about GTL (for the uninitiated), you could say a few words about TG and what we're about, you could talk about the Racing League and what made you decide to organize it, and then maybe you could talk about future ideas and events that you have planned for the League.

I would think this sort of info would be much more interesting than a music track (just my opinion), and you'd be talking directly to the folks you're targeting in recruitment.

Comment

NICE MAN!!!! Nice video! Thanks for the time spent on this, it is really cool!
      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, and especially the suggestions, Strag. I never remotely considered a commentary track... really a very cool idea!

The video so far, as well as the possibility of a music version, are currently geared toward entertainment, rather than pure recruitment. They're also extremely experimental, seeing as I haven't done any film/video work on this level in a decade or so. Mostly just cutting my teeth and getting accustomed to video editing with the tools/resources I now have (being able to view race replays from nearly unlimited viewpoints from every car really opens up the range of coverage available in this game).

That said, I feel inspired to plan a more ambitious project down the line that might be along the lines you suggest. I definitely want to work up to it, probably with some more short videos, with/without music, narraration, whatever. I can see that such a project would require lots of input and collaboration. Hmmm... sounds like fun. Who knows, such a team could produce a variety of TG marketing videos for different games.

Lots to think about.

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks Rocket! Glad you like! :D

Comment

Nice video, but Rocket started first. :) Now I expect you to go back and re-edit everything so it is correct. J/K

Great video man, can't wait to see week two's.

Comment

He did?!

Come to think of it, you're right. Huh. I forgot about the qualifying time. I went visually... car on the line for the inside of the first turn.

Ooops! :row__644:

Ehhh... the title is still correct... sorta... you got the jump on the green flag, so you 'started' first. :icon19:

Comment

I've been immortalized as the flipper! Fantastic video Mirfee! Really excellent job. I had to watch it 5 or 6 times through, what fun.

I really look forward to each race, no matter how badly I do, and I hope this kind of thing will bring us more racers.
                New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                  ... and I hope this kind of thing will bring us more racers.
                  I'd already planned on joining you guys, but this video makes me even MORE impatient to get in on the action. :D

Top notch work.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                    I'd already planned on joining you guys, but this video makes me even MORE impatient to get in on the action. :D

Top notch work.
                    ditto! just saving for a wheel!

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                    I've been immortalized as the flipper!
                    For the first 2 seconds of that, I was because I thought you were gonna pull off a two-wheel ride joey chitwood style!!! of course then you had to go and high-side it and ruin all my fun :row__593:

Comment

Thanks guys. I look forward to playing with more videos!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X