Season 2 ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 2 ideas

We can discuss season 2 idea's here instead of the signup tread.

Are we going to go right into the 2nd season after next weeks race?

I think a small change in the point system would be good. IMO qualifying should be worth about 1/2 the amount of the race points or maybe even 1/4. Say 1st place in qualifying would get you 5 points and finishing first in the race would get 10 points.

I like the idea of the VS race's even if most of us use the same car. It does leave it open for someone to try something different.

Just idea's all up to you Mirfee, you can pee on them if you want to. :row__536:

Re: Season 2 idea's

Yeah, I like the idea of lowering the qualifying points as Turbo mentioned, or/and set a maxium of points that you can get from qualifying (such as 8pts per season max, reguardless of number of entries). This will stop the faster qualifiers from building a large gap just with qualifying alone and put more emphasis on the race, while still provide enough incentives to qualify fast.
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I like the max qualifying points idea. Even if you had the max points you would still want a good starting position so everyone would still try their best.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
        I like the max qualifying points idea. Even if you had the max points you would still want a good starting position so everyone would still try their best.
        Yup, plus that will deny anyone from getting those points.

Comment

Good discussion guys. I like the ideas so far.

No pee detected. ;)

Comment

I would like to have a larger point value added to winning the race, just like F1 used to have: 10 points for first place, 6 for second, 5 for third... and so on.
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

If we were to attract a couple more players I'd love to explore the possibility of having 2 man teams. I think this would enhance the game even more as you'd have a co-pilot to work with that you could share strategies and setups with. It'd also help to individualise the car colour schemes as both players in the team could share the same livery.

Not to start picking for people but the in house squads are lining up nicely for this (Mirf & Squid - 42nd, Rocket & Wulf - 5th, Turbo & Strag - 2nd etc), so that might add a bit of an extra dimension (plus we can use the IHS forums for planning). Odd players / non IHS teams could run as solo-ists or pair up into a team as they saw fit.

Comment

How about this? Take a page directly from the SVRA (Sportscar Vintage Racing Assoc.)? Their point system is established for a season of 7 races... not too greatly out of scale to our own.

Qualifying Race
                • Achieving a qualifying time: 25 points
                • Starting the race: 10 points
                • First in class: 5 points
                • Second in class: 3 points
                • Third in class: 2 points

Feature Race
                • Starting the race: 20 points
                • Finishing the race: 10 points
                • First in class: 10 points
                • Second in class: 6 points
                • Third in class: 4 points
                We might want to massage the numbers a bit, but the overall system could work. Any mention of 'in class' can be ignored, as we're pretty much sticking with one class per event/season anyway (unless we decide to change that).

/2 cents

Comment

I've thought along the same lines as you Rocket, re: teams. It's a cool idea, and one I'd like to explore down the line should we build a steady base of drivers. There will need to be some serious work to make the liveries, so it would only really be valuable if there's enough people committing to regular participation... otherwise it's a lot of work potentially wasted, even if spread out among a few contributors.

Good idear. Let's keep it in mind!

Comment

Here is how I would suggest about that points system:

Qualify (10pts max per season):
                    * First in class: 5 points
                    * Second in class: 4 points
                    * Third in class: 3 points
                    * Forth in class: 2 points
                    * Fifth in class: 1 points

Feature Race:
                    * First in class: 10 points
                    * Second in class: 8 points
                    * Third in class: 6 points
                    * Forth in class: 5 points
                    * Fifth in class: 4 points
                    * sixth in class: 3 points
                    * Seventh in class: 2 points
                    * Eight in class: 1 points

I also like the idea of pairing up driver for team points which can be in addition to the normal point system. However, I would pair the fastest drivers with the slowest (determine by points from previous season). I think this would promote the idea of communication and the sharing of ideas/technique.

Team points calculation: (avg of 2 driver race points) x 0.5

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch View Post
                      However, I would pair the fastest drivers with the slowest (determine by points from previous season).
                      I think that would be best. I also like Rocket's point system with the max qualifying points.

Comment

Bump up the first place points to 12 instead of 10?
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Been thinking about teams some more. I rather like the idea of teams formed from fastest-slowest pairings. However, I'd like to suggest a system that favors dynamic pairings from race-to-race, rather than fixed teams for a series or season. This would be in order to keep the racing balanced and avoid potential dominance, not to mention foster teamwork in setups, practice, racing, etc.

Bear in mind this is a rough idea. Please hammer away.
                          • Teams are paired for each race according to the results of the previous event.
                            • 1st place paired with last place
                            • 2nd place paired with next-to-last place
                            • etc
                          • The results of each race will emphasize team performance
                          • A team's final position is the average of it's member's individual results (average of each driver's total time in the race results...
                            • Team A, Driver 1 = 00:34:25.594
                            • Team A, Driver 2 = 00:35:01.338
                            • Team A combined result = 00:34:43.466 (if my math is right)
                            • Results are compared between teams for final results
                          • Point awards (values TBD) for a team's calculated finishing position would be given to each team member. These points would be persistent in their individual jacket and overall point standings would be tracked for the season. (Here's where it breaks down a bit, as this favors individual outcomes and not team results. I'm not sure how to work something out here).
                          • No solo cars can participate unless there is only one (ie, an odd number of drivers on the event roster). In this case, the fastest car (or points leader) of the series/season would run solo and would start last. His results would stand alone vs team results for the current race.

One of the logistical challenges would be determining teams with enough time to allow them to coordinate setups, practice, etc.
                          • One notion would be to hold races every 2 weeks instead of one, with a signup deadline one week in advance. Then pairings would be made from the roster.
                          • Another would be to have teams established for 3 races, and then reshuffle according to the high-low system. Hmm... I actually kinda like that option.

Kinda going off on unformed tangent thoughts here now.

Let's hear some feedback. Cool? Crap? Suggestions?

Comment

I really like racing every week, if we do every other week for GTL maybe we can do a GTR2 race every other too.

Comment

I prefer racing every week too. The idea of every two was just a brainbreeze for figuring out team logistics. I actually think that keeping high-low teams together for 2-3 races would be the best way to 1) maximize teamwork, 2) mimimize logistics, and 3) still mix things up for variety.

As for adding GTR2 into the mix, I'm wary of doing so for actual season races, simply because it's another purchase that some here can't/won't pay for right now. I think GTL is where it's at for an official season for a while. We need to build our field of drivers with a focus game first, and GTL has proven very attractive and therefore slowly successful for that.

That said, there's always room to have pickup races here and there. I do love the contrast that GTR2 provides to GTL. That it's practically the same game, with some tracks almost identical, it really has a nice translation value. Good fun to throw in some precise cars when the squirrely classics get frustrating. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X