New League resource

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New League resource

In the interest of improving our structure and management for tracking race results series/season points, etc, as well as deceasing the amount of manual work that it requires, I've gone ahead with exploring a third party utility to handle the job.

This link at Race Sim Central (RSC) describes the League Management system called GPCOS (no idea what it's an acronym for). Please read the post and get familiar with this tool. I'd very much like everyone's input as to whether this looks like a good system for us. I don't anticipate any extra work on the part of members, aside from registering with the website, joining the TGRL-GTL league I formed today, and then uploading their race results after each event.

Here's the direct link to the TGRL-GTL league. It's empty for now, as I've only just signed it up. But check out some of the leagues already existing. I found GPC rF F3 to have some very interesting info and established structure. A good read in itself.

Please post what you think. There appears to be a decent amount of room for us to customize the league, point values, rules, etc to our own needs.

I'm also curious if this will be considered a departure from TG. I tend to think not, as there is no overall community, nor competition for resources, that might take away from our participation at TG. Rather, I hope that this will be seen as a web based tool that we can maximize within our racing activities at TG.

Re: New League resource

The link won't link you directly to the TGRL-GTL league. Use the pull down on the left to locate our page.

Nice work Mirfee! I don't think it is a departue from TG at all, it is simply an online tool to manage and display our results. We can always link the PDF result back to our forum. ;) Nice job finding a tool like this to manage the league!!

I assume we will need to setup a profile?
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Agreed - ease of use is the sort of thing that keeps ventures like this running. All to often the hassle of admin will kill the love the person that is running it has for his initiative, and once he goes the rest follows.

Sounds good to me :)

Comment

Glad you like the idea guys.

Yes, you would have to register. You would need to make your own account, rather than select a 'Placeholder' (which is one of 2 options when registering). Once the GPCOS team accepts you to the site, then you select Join League, or such. I should then get notification of your request, and viola, you're in.

Cool thing is, they even have a structure for forming/managing teams. So if we created persistent teams along TG squad lines, or whatever, it's already there!

Lastly, I owe the discovery to Squid. He clued me into GPCOS via RSC just as I was setting up our current management tools. I opted to stay on course and save GPCOS as an alternative should manual updates prove a chore.

Comment

Awesome Mirfee! Hopefully this will free up your time and you can just enjoy racing.
          New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X