Do you own GTR2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you own GTR2?

Just trying to figure out who has GTR2 and who doesn't. If most of us have it maybe we can try to race sometime this week.

Re: Do you own GTR2?

im selling most my games but im actually looking to get a racing game because i havent done it in a while. Which one should i get? GTL or GTR2
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Both. They're only $20 ea. ;)

If only 1, I recommend GTL. It's got the largest following (at TG as far as I know) right now, and its the only game we're developing in a season/series system. If you want to get in on full league races, that's the one.

GTR2 will eventually grow, but it's strictly pickup games (of which none have been hosted yet here).

All that said, I too have both. I'd be up for a pickup game later this week.

Comment

I don't have GTR2 yet. I'll be getting it in the next month or so though.
        New to TG?

Comment

I got GTL for $9 and GTR2 for $19. Best $30 bucks I've spent!
          Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

There's a "Bonus Edition" of GTR2 for $30 that *includes* GTL in the box. This is the version I got from CompUSA. It has GTR2 on DVD and GTL on 3 CD's. They forgot the Starforce CD code for GTL though, I had to email support to get that.

Best Buy has the CD version of GTR2 for $20, but it doesn't include GTL. I'm not sure which version other retailers have but it'd be worthwhile to look for the Bonus version if you don't have GTL already AND if you have a DVD drive.
            BF2 POE2: NC_Tarheel
            Team Fortress 2: |TG| Tarheel

Comment

What is GTL? N/m i figured out it was GT Legends :P

It's to bad they haven't done a game like Forza or Gran Turismo on PC yet..

I'll look into getting these though.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                What is GTL? N/m i figured out it was GT Legends :P

It's to bad they haven't done a game like Forza or Gran Turismo on PC yet..

I'll look into getting these though.
                GTR/GTL/GTR2> any of those, IMO; but I am a big GT fan.
                Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

GTL is indeed amazing. Especially now that I am comfortable with setting up the vehicles to my liking, it's much more enjoyable.

How does GTR2 compare to GTL? I've got the box sitting on my floor, but I'm having too much fun with GTL at the moment.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

More surgical. More polished. Pure ultra-modern engineered racecars lurking under production car skins (wheras GTL is largely 30-40yo engineered production cars stripped/tweaked for racing).

Take GTL and add gobs more power, gobs more traction, and crushing downforce.

Then drive unbelievably faster than GTL and face the same control issues... only here, the speeds are so much higher, that reaction times are a twitcher's dream and mistakes can go so much worse (cars do actually come apart in GTR2, as opposed to GTL which models damage strangely lightly).

But because of the similarity to GTL (same overall game engine and control scheme), it's a fantastic contrast to the rough-and-tumble experience that is GTL.

Comment

I picked up GTL today, though i'm a bigger fan of modern day cars, I can still take a classic gto or mustang out for a good spin!

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X