Open Racing this week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Racing this week

I'm planning on running the server a few extra nights this week. This is for 2 benefits...

1) Allow some new players to join up for online tracktime (looking at you, Strag. Yeah, I know your wheel isn't here yet, but no excuses :row__642: ).

2) Generate results files that I can upload to GPCOS. Turns out, I ran into a wall when trying to set up our next series, the first we'll be doing through GPCOS. Seems they didn't have any track info for GTL due to encrypted game files (rFactor, GTR2 apparently haven't posed such a problem). Well, it looks like we're the first full GTL league to use thier system, so I'm helping them get their backend up to speed ASAP so they have the necessary data for parsing official results when we have a completed event. What this means, simply, is that I have to run practices/races for 10 tracks so they generate result files. Nothing fancy, just a short practice session, and then a short race. The server generates the files when each session completes. To date, 15 tracks were already logged on my server, so I was able to send that data on (which is now incorporated into GPCOS, and the related tracks can now be scheduled there). So ten more tracks over the next 3-4 evenings should be *no* problem. I just hope some folks will show up. ;)

So... planning on running it this Wed-Thurs evenings starting around 9pm ET. Fri-Sat evenings starting around 9:30 ET (for our more western time drivers).

Sound off if/when you're thinking of attending.
    Last edited by Mirfee; 10-12-2006, 05:11 PM.

Re: Open Racing this week

Thanks, Mirfee! Likely Thursday night for me, wheel or no wheel. If I'm still using my keyboard at that point, it won't be pretty, but who cares. ;)

Comment

I can attend some of the sessions.
      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I should be able to attend.

- -

Comment

Great to hear. Glad to see new faces looking to join.

For the sake of welcoming newer drivers, I'm happy to lower the difficulty level. This will allow toggling-on driving aids like traction control, ABS, etc for those players who might want it (or need it, especially if using a keyboard). Anyone comfortable at full Pro level can simply opt to leave those aids toggled off.

This will be a limited departure from Pro. Official series events will resume running at the highest difficulty.

Hope to see you guys!

Comment

I'll be there a night or two. Saturday will definitely be a race night for me.
            New to TG?

Comment

How can we toggle off those driving aids?
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I think you can toggle them off and on in the options and I beleive their are a few keys like F5 and such that let you do it in game while driving.

Comment

Your game manual should specify which keys are which. But in general, the first few Function keys (F1-F5 or so?) should do it. Normally, Pro level disables this toggle, with the exception of automatic clutch.

Comment

All the assists are toggled on the F keys, but how about those turn markers that come up? I end up ignoring them but it would be nice to have them removed.

- -

Comment

I know there's a way, but I have to look it up. Might be a .ini tweak.

Comment

Aren't these settings configurable from the "Realism" menu within the game?

Comment

Ya they are Strag.

Comment

I look at the gear they suggest and I laugh.

(Rocketpunch looks at them and laughs in a different way)

Comment

It's actually more of a severity rating than a gear suggest. The lower the number, the more slowly you have to take it. You may notice on some faster tracks that a turn will be marked "6." Clearly not suggesting 6th gear, as none of these cars go above 5th.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X