Open Track Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Track Thread

EDIT: This is now a stickied thread for posting re: Open Track events.
    Last edited by Mirfee; 11-18-2006, 03:29 PM.

Re: Open Track - Week of 10/23-27

I can't commit to any time, will be out of town again this weekend (!!! :[ ) but would love to hit some practice time. Thursday 6:30?
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

6:30 in SoCal? If so, then yeah, perfect. I'm fairly locked into a 9:30 ET start time.

Comment

I suppose I'm SoCalCentric?
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Meh, I'm Ithacalibrated. So long as we show up in the same place around the same time it's all good. :D

Comment

I'll be their Friday, not sure about the other nights though.

Comment

Small change of plans, if wanted. Since we've got some new drivers with us, and since this is a second practice week for the Donington race tomorrow, I'm tempted to leave the server set to run *all* cars. Going to stick with the Donington track as I think that rotating through tracks in a night makes it especially hard for people to learn the course and tweak setups. Those of us that want the practice for tomorrow's race can just stick with the GTC-65 cars.

Any complaints, you may address them to this brick wall. :icon19:

Comment

Works for me.

Comment

I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do. Just let me drive a car around a track really really fast and I'm happy as a clam!

I was actually a bit excited about the plan for tonight. One class of cars, one track. If my vote counts, I'd like to see the original plan stick. Making some changes because some new players (like moi) have decided to come in may be nice... but I for one would like to just merge in with the flow of things.
                  -

Comment

Well, no one is forcing anybody to drive a Pantera. ;)

I'll leave it open. Nice to have the flexibility already in place. I'm sure folks will mostly stick with the 65's, but the server will make everything available if/when anybody wants to play with new cars - after all, a few of us have now gotten a second week of practice in the official config, so perhaps a bit of variety would be welcome. Just making it optional. :) Otherwise I'd have to boot everyone and reset/restart the server to make any change if that ended up being wished for.

Comment

Fun stuff tonight! Thanks for hosting the practice, Mirfee.

Comment

Seconded.

I'd like to see Thursday's or Friday's myself... Wednesday is hard enough to choose between GRAW and CoD2... please don't put GT-Legends into the mix :( It's inhumane!
                        -

Comment

I know this is last week's thread, but is there any chance of getting some open practice on the server this week? A good buddy of mine may join us.

Comment

Absolutely! I'll run the server based on when we can get a crowd. Open track nights will be Wed/Thurs. Race practice will be Friday (one track, preselected cars/class).

And I've been thinking about the open track setups. do people want to see tracks rotated in an evening as has been done so far? Or do they want a single track to practice on for the evening, rather than having to learn multiple tracks in just an hour session each?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
                              Absolutely! I'll run the server based on when we can get a crowd. Open track nights will be Wed/Thurs. Race practice will be Friday (one track, preselected cars/class).

And I've been thinking about the open track setups. do people want to see tracks rotated in an evening as has been done so far? Or do they want a single track to practice on for the evening, rather than having to learn multiple tracks in just an hour session each?
                              I have an exam on Friday. I might be able to join for an hour or so Wed.

By the way Mirf, have you got the "stuff" yet? ;)
                              Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X