League development update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League development update

Things have been kinda quite from me lately. I just want everyone to know that despite this, I am working on bringing the league system up an running.

I discovered a web based league management system similar to the abandoned-before-fully-used GPCOS system. This new system is another 3rd party, community app called SLS (Simracing League System). It's a PHP plugin that Apophis has gotten integrated into the TG site this past week. I've been mucking my way through the setup for seasons etc, and had some small glitches to deal with (requiring Apo's involvement as I'm no PHP man).

So far, there's still some issues to work out, namely getting car selection to work with driver registration etc. At this point, it looks like these are issues that can only be resolved by the SLS devs... a particularly daunting task as their forum (apart from the English tech section) is all in Polish. Oy!

I have initiated discussion on their forums and am awaiting replies and hopeful fixes. As soon as these things can be hammered out, peeps can start registering and we can have ourselves some proper *league* racing again.

In the meantime, I invite everyone to head over to our SLS page and poke around a bit. I ask that you don't register an account yet as it's not quite ready. But you're certainly welcome to take a peek under the plastic, so to speak, and see what's coming.

Re: League development update

All Hail Lord Mirfee! Again, thanks for you wrork. ;)
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Nice, cant wait.

Comment

Very cool Mirf, keep up the good work!

Got called in for work this weekend, so I'll be gone for a good portion of November, but when I get back, I may have the cash to get me a wheel... then watch out! I'll be in those point races!
        -

Comment

Very cool Mirf!!!

Thanks for all your hard work bro!!!

Chappie

Comment

Mini-update...

I can't seem to get any response from the devs on the SLS system. I can't proceed until there's a fix (drivers can register accounts, but they can't select cars... which is how one signs up for a season. Kind of a critical hurdle.).

:(

Comment

Do we need any software for our purposes? It seems with so few people in our leage (as in, less than a dozen), that an Excel spreadsheet or something similar would suffice?
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

We started out with an Excel spreadsheet. It's perfectly fine for displaying all the info. However, it's massively labor intensive inputting all the results from a race.

Well... that's true given my own personal experience/knowledge with Excel. I had to put everything in manually. Just a few formulas to compute averages, cumulative points, etc.

Anybody here a master of Excel? Cause what we need is a setup that can read a result file (.txt) from the server and parse all the data into Excel.

These online stat systems I've been trying to work out are designed to automate everything... from scheduling, driver registrations, individual race results, cumulative season results, etc etc. Right now there's a lot of front-end time and headaches trying to make it work. But this should be all relative 'one time' in nature. The old Excel system was constantly time intensive.

Comment

Major breakthrough!

With some rigorous tech support from the SLS developer, we found and compensated for a bug which was preventing completion of setup for our use.

Technically, our SLS page is fully working now. I just have to write up the info defining how TGRL will run it's racing seasons.

Watch for a post in the next day or two announcing TGRL 2.0!

Comment

Cant wait to get back to racing.

Comment

Me too!

Comment

man! nice!
                        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment