Tactical Gamer Racing League 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Racing League 2.0

Welcome to Tactical Gamer Racing League (TGRL) 2.0!

Season 2 is good to go, managed via the Simracing League System (SLS), a third party application that runs within our own Tactical Gamer website. Drivers are invited to visit our SLS page here and to register as a new driver. Season 2 also launches with 2 new racing series; a weekly Sprint series, and a monthly Grand Prix series.

FiA-Modified Sprint Series (detailed rules will be posted in a future update)
    Every week, drivers will face off for 2 short (~5 lap) races. Both races will be held on different tracks. Cars (one make only) will be predetermined. Both cars and tracks will be randomly selected, scheduled and posted well in advance. This should allow plenty of time for drivers to familiarize themselves with each car and track. The purpose of this series is to run races where cars are completely equal (apart from individual garage setups as per each driver’s preferences). This is a point series, with cumulative rankings being tracked for the Sprint Championship.

FiA-Modified Grand Prix Series (detailed rules will be posted in a future update)
    Once per month, drivers will meet for a full-length (~20 lap) race. This series allows all makes and models of cars. Each will be entered into one of 4 appropriate competition classes. Drivers are encouraged to select a car that they wish to run repeatedly, though it is possible to change cars mid-season (see specific rules). The purpose of this series is to encourage a more realistic racing season; one in which drivers are limited to racing the car they have chosen over a long period. This is a point series, with cumulative rankings for each class being tracked for the Grand Prix Championship. Scoring follows official FiA Historic Racing rules. Classes are modified from FiA rules to accommodate the small field of drivers in TGRL vs. that found in real world racing.

Schedules and detailed rules to be posted later this week.
    Last edited by Mirfee; 12-11-2006, 10:34 PM.

Re: Tactical Gamer Racing League 2.0

Sweeeeet.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Nice work man, can't wait.

Comment

Cool! I'm getting ever closer to that racing wheel too, you boys watch out!

Thanks for all the work Mirf!
        -

Comment

hey guys, very disappointing day for me today! went to go get GTLegends but best buy sold out so I just for the time being and just to spend some money, got the new Need for Speed Carbon and was curious if any of you guys play it as well, let me know!
          PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
            hey guys, very disappointing day for me today! went to go get GTLegends but best buy sold out
            Sorry you couldn't snag a copy of GTL. I've been looking for a copy to give as a gift, but it's become scarce apart from Amazon et al.

new Need for Speed Carbon and was curious if any of you guys play it as well, let me know!
            I'm afraid not. The only 'arcade' racing game I play(ed) is Flatout, and the newer Flatout2. Pure smashup, demolition racing. Great exaggerated physics and environment. My only break from hardcore-sim racing.

GTL is still my racing sim of choice. I don't think I've gotten in much more than an hour in GTR2. I very occasionally fire up rFactor for some open wheel fun (the trainer is a whole bundle of fun; the F1 scares me to pieces).

Comment

Sorry i've not been about much - the race times just killed me too much :( The problem of the best gaming community in the world being 1/4 way round the world i guess :(

Comment

I understand Wulfyn. It's been a bummer not having you around. :(

I don't know about making a regular thing of it for official races, but there's always the possibility of some open track stuff on weekend afternoons. If a few folks would be up for it, I can certainly put that into rotation.

Comment

I'm all signed up with SLS and ready to go for tomorrow night. Looking forward to it!

Any chance of open track time tonight? :)

Comment

Excellent!

Can do! Looking at 9ish to get started, or so.

Comment

Hey Strag, I'd definately be up for some open practice tonight. Jauquin got back to be right away so I am good to go.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Hot dayum! Great to hear it Fuzzy.

Look for me on TS around 9ET. We'll get you online the rest of the way.

FYI, we'll be running the Renault Alpine on the 2 tracks for tomorrow night's race (Limerock and MidOhio).

Comment

I can't make it tonight Mirfee, I have to get a project done. Next week is finals so I wont be making it next Thursday either. Ill be on after that though, I promise. :)

Comment

Understood Turbo. Rough time of year.

Guys, I hate to say it, but with Rocket, Turbo, and probably Tybalt not able to make it tonight, that leaves on Strag and myself, and possibly Squid (who registered, but I haven't heard a peep from him lately... ).

This means a 'field' of 2 or 3 cars... not a race by any stretch of the imagination. I'm inclined to postpone this one until we get through this period of scheduling woes.

But that's the official race I'm talking. I'm still game to put the server up for some open track time. All are welcome.

Comment

:[
                              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X