Itchin' to Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchin' to Race

I finally picked up GTL and have been set up to race for about a week now but never could find anyone in the TS racing channel. As the title would imply, I'm itchin' to race (or, more accurately, I'm itchin' to get my backside handed to me by more competent drivers then myself). Anyone up for some racing this weekend?

Fuzzy

Re: Itchin' to Race

Absolutely!

Saturday/Sunday days are good for me. Name your preference.

BTW - to absolutely no one in particular - with the sporadic turnouts we've had lately, along with the low sign ups for the new season, I decided to wait for folks to post their interest. I'm just low on energy to be proactive, preferring instead for folks (like you did Fuzzy :D ) to post interest in doing some racing. I'm happy to supply it, but I can't endlessly promote it. :row__735:

That said, let's race this weekend. Fuzzy, lemme know what works for you. Hopefully a few more can join. :)

Comment

I would have liked to race one night this week, but my schedule has been bad. I intend to request a practice night(s) next week, Mirf.

And I will get signed up for Season 2. :)

Comment

Sounds good Strag. :)

Comment

Ah crap I forgot to sign up. Ill do it when I get home tonight.

Comment

Tommorow night would be awesome for me! Say.... around 9 EST or so.

One question though: I noticed on one of these threads someone (I think you, Mirfee) posted the need to unlock the cars using a cheat/unlock. If I activate this unlock, does it unlock all the cars in singleplayer mode as well? I really want to play through this game and unlock the cars using the massive amount of fame and fortune I accrue along the way (all part of being an international man of driving mystery).

I'll still use the unlock, even if it does, but was just wondering. Looking forward to some good last place finishes with you this weekend!!! :)

Fuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
              Tommorow night would be awesome for me! Say.... around 9 EST or so.
              Oy. That's the one time this weekend I think I'm *not* free. It's possible I'll be home by then, but I can't make any sort of commitment to that.

I'm free pretty much all *day* today and tomorrow. Sunday eve is very possible as well, but I'd need to wait on that time slot.

One question though: I noticed on one of these threads someone (I think you, Mirfee) posted the need to unlock the cars using a cheat/unlock. If I activate this unlock, does it unlock all the cars in singleplayer mode as well?
              Yes.

I really want to play through this game and unlock the cars using the massive amount of fame and fortune I accrue along the way (all part of being an international man of driving mystery).
              You still can play through all the SP challenges/championships. Each series and race displays the allowed cars, so if you limit yourself to one of the ones in that specific list (rather than grab something better from your fully stocked garage), you'll still be able to get most of the same experience. Each series and championship is linear, so you can't skip around different races. The unlocking feature will allow you to progress in the intended sequence.

I'll still use the unlock, even if it does, but was just wondering. Looking forward to some good last place finishes with you this weekend!!! :)
              The point of the unlock in TGRL is so that you can participate in multiplayer with us, unrestricted. This is important as the unlock is necessary to run in our primary series. In the Sprint Series, each race runs a specific make/model which is announced prior to each event... every driver is limited to *just* that car, making the field identical in vehicles in order to balance the competition and make it solely skill vs. skill. If a driver hasn't unlocked all the content, they won't be able to select a given car, therefore barring them from participating.

If you really really really want to stick to the locked system, you'll be limited in terms of what you can participate in. In open track events (free practice) I don't restrict any cars, so people take whatever they like. If you stuck with the cars you'd unlocked in-game, you'd simply have fewer choices available to you. No problem at all. You're more than welcome to restrict your choices to what you've earned in SP. You just have far less flexibility in case you decided you wanted to try other stuff out. Our Grand Prix series allows all makes and models for an entire season, so you could certainly drive whatever you've unlocked. However, the GP series is only going to run once a month, so you'll be seeing much less action online (the Sprint series is weekly).

The other key reason is tracks. The in-game unlocking system makes new tracks available to you (for single player Quick Races and Practices) once you've raced it in a SP series/championship. This does *not* prevent you from driving that track online, though. All tracks are unlocked for online play. However, you need all tracks unlocked in SP in order to practice a specific track for an upcoming event (again, either Sprint or GP series has tracks announced beforehand... and believe me, you want to practice offline in order to be prepared to compete in the event).

Whew! didn't expect to write a book. Hopefully this exhaustive tome answers your question(s) without muddying things up with more-than-you-needed-to-know. :madsmile:

Looking forward to having you aboard, Fuzzy. And as for finishing last, that's a coveted spot among anybody not named Rocket or Turbo. So you're going to have to fight for it like the rest of us. :icon19:

Comment

Hey Mirfee, doesn't it say we have to use the Renault Alpine A110 for the races? I see you have a Lotus Elite. I think I am looking at the right screen, not really sure though.

Comment

There are 2 seasons listed. You pick a car for each season. The Lotus Elite (for me) is for the Grand Prix series. The Sprint Series is indeed the A110 (this week).

Just join the Sprint series by selecting the car for it. No rush for the GP series yet. It's not coming up for a little while still.

EDIT: I just checked your account. You're already set up properly for the Sprint series. You and Squid both seem to have selected the A110 for the GP series as well. That's fine, if it's what you guys want... but the GP series is open.

Comment

Ok so are we racing tonight and if I didn't download anything yet I have to right?

Comment

I thought first race is Dec 5th for season 2?

Just wondering. I may not be able to make it tonight. Some guy quit at our office right after Thanksgiving, so we have to work thru the weekends for a deadline next week.
                      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

You're correct, Rocket. Tuesday Dec 5 is the first event.

No mention was made of an official event tonight. Fuzzy started this thread to see about some open practice this weekend.

Comment

Speaking of which, if tonight isn't good Mirfee, let's plan on tommorow evening. I'll be free most of the day after 4pm or so. For anyone else still wanting to do some informal racing tonight, I'll still try to check in around 8 or 9 or so. And if you see me in another channel like BF2142 feel free to grab me out of it. At this point, I rather get some racing in then play anything else. :)

Thanks

Comment

4pm works for me. :)

Comment

Alright! Sounds like a plan then. :) I'll see you around 4 or so (5 at the absolute latest)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X