Merry Xmas, TGRL!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Xmas, TGRL!

Santa delivered something extra special this year, not to mention a tad early. I don't want to spoil the surprise just yet, but rest assured, you're all gonna love it.

Now I just have to go find enough wrapping paper and a decent bow. Santa must have really cut back on the elves in his wrapping department this year. :row__642:

Watch this space tomorrow. :icon20:

Re: Merry Xmas, TGRL!

Ooooooh you tease!!!!
    New to TG?

Comment

Hey! No rattling gifts to hear what's inside! :D

Comment

I just want Adriana Lima as my wife. Is that too much to ask??
        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

This should also be relevant as a front page news item. :)
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Hmmm, it just might, Apo... it just might. :icon20:

And Rocket, I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty tight with Santa, but even *his* pre5ent5 ski11z might not be that l337! :row__631:

Comment

*Rattle-rattle-crinkle-tear-shred* Woohoo! Look what the big man in the red suit brought!

Tactical Gamer's very first permanent dedicated racing sim server!

That's right... 24/7 uptime of all your favorite GT Legends burnouts, spins, skids, crashes and wins!

Tag lines anyone?!
              • "Ya gotta be in it to win it"
              • "Second place is just the first loser"
              • "If you ain't first, you're last"
              • "Shake and bake!"
              • :row__642:

The server will be going live tomorrow, Thursday, December 21 at 9:00PM ET (no coincidence it's our next Open Track session :row__593: ). Look for a sticky post tomorrow with server info. (I'd post it all now, and kick start the server danight, but I have some track uploads to complete as well as some server configs to polish... so ya gotta wait one measly night. ;) ).

Merry Xmas you lot of speedfreaks! This upgrade to a more permanent server marks the first step in what I hope will be a lot of growth in racing at TG. The unstarted seasons will be delayed only a short while longer (very short) in the hopes of attracting more new drivers to increase our playerbase.

See you all at the track! :row__631:

Oh, and you all might want to write a thank you note to Santa. He is you're Great Uncle Apophis, after all. (Who knew?... the Egyptian "deification of darkness and chaos", a TV star, and a planet shattering rock. Failure to thank him might result in more dire consequences than a lump of coal next year. :madsmile: ).

Comment

Nice surprise, thank you Santa Apophis!

Comment

Sweeeeeeeet!
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Awesome job! Thanks Mirf and Apo for putting it together. Last I heard Apophis had a copy of GT Legends yes?

See you all on the track tonight!!!
                    New to TG?

Comment

Well, this IS better than Adriana Lima! (yup, I am lying)

LOL. This is great news indeed as a permanent dedicated server will promote more traffic, literally. I am sure this will divert some of the TG's resources (no matter how big or small), so we need to put it to good use. I would encourage everyone to start a post (like a daily roster page of something) when they will be playing or better yet use xfire/TS to let people know when you are on.

Thanks for your effort, Apo and Mirf. As always! There is a great chance I will be able to play tonight, may be not at exactly 9pm. I will at least try to do a few laps if I can't really play for long, just so I can say I am part of the opening event! LOL.
                      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

What time are we racing tonight?
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Awesome news! Thanks to Mirfee and Apo for your efforts and for the shiny new racing server (does it have stripes and a number on the case? ;)). This game has been a blast to play with fellow TGers; it's good to know racing has a permanent home here now.

Comment

Rocket: Whenever you can make it, for as long as you can make it will be just fine. :)

Tybalt: I'm launching the server at 9pm ET. As usual, folks are welcome to show up as they can. And since I'm not hosting the server myself anymore, quitting time is... well... it *isn't*, anymore. ;)

To all: I'm psyched that there's been enough interest and activity in TGRL to warrant the move to a permanent TG server. I had only asked for a Special Event server, but Apo seems to feel that sim racing holds some potential around here. I think so too, and now that we have the resources to do it right, we can hopefully start drawing new drivers to TG. :)

It's thanks to you guys just as much that TGRL has succeeded even this far. Your enthusiasm and participation has justified the belief that TG can grow in new, seemingly unlikely directions, while maintaining its dedication to mature gaming among friends.

Cheers all. See you in a few hours! :D
                            --Pete

Comment

New server info here!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse