New Guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

I ordered GTL.. the MOMO steering wheel and will be looking for some help as soon as the boxes arrive... ( jan 4th ish )

someone point me in the right direction for comms... I have a feeling I'm gonna need some "assistance"

Thanks
    -Johnny

Re: New Guy

The Team Speak info you seek should be in the Tactical Gamer Official Announcements forum.

Glad to have another person with GTL. If you need any help just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
      The Team Speak info you seek should be in the Tactical Gamer Official Announcements forum.

Glad to have another person with GTL. If you need any help just ask.
      got it, thanks...
      I'll look for everyone when the shipment arrives.. thanks again...

Comment

Welcome aboard! Glad to see some new folks joining us.

Check out the stickied threads in this forum for useful reference info. It's by no means exhaustive, but there's a lot there to get you started.

Be looking for you once your gear arrives. :D

Comment

Hey guys, I recieved GT Legends and a Logitech racing wheel for Christmas and look forward to racing and learning from all you guys. I have never participated in any event like this so I am a bit lost at the moment but I have read all of the required reading. I am currently upgrading my PC and I hope to have it finished by the end of this week.

Hope you don't mind me piggy backing on this thread didn't see the need to start another thread.

Thanks and look forward to the racing :)
          sigpic

Comment

Hello to you too Drizzid! Glad to see you in here.

Absolutely no worries if you feel lost. Racing is pretty new to TG and we've got a wide range of skills and experience. Everyone is welcome... there's room for all performance levels, even in official championship events. Speaking of events, the official season has been on hold for a while now, so there's still plenty of room for newcomers to get familiar with things and find a niche in the league to race in.

Only requirement around here is the same we've all come to expect across TG. :D

Comment

Only requirement around here is the same we've all come to expect across TG.
              Yup that's why I am here. I am waiting for a new CPU cooler which should be here tomorrow and as long as I don't have any unforseen issues I should be burning rubber and running out of gas in about a week once I get this wheel configured and set up.

Thanks for the welcome!
              sigpic

Comment

Johnny,

Since you don't seem to like reading your private messages. I merged your old account and your new account together and gave you your old name back.

For those following along, ARTYMARINE is an old-school TG'er known as LOWDRAG. Creepy and I usually refer to him as Johnny Lowdrag. But then again, most of you don't know who Creepy is either! :)
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thank you Brother...

Comment

UPDATE / QUESTION

I got my MOMO Wheel in the mail today... the game hasnt arrived yet.

What are some other games / demo's out there I might download and get acclimated to driving games using the new hardware??

Comment

Well, for starters, there's the GT Legends demo!

And the GTR2 demo!

:row__577:

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
                        Well, for starters, there's the GT Legends demo!

And the GTR2 demo!

:row__577:
                        thanks

Comment

Well just got GTL up and running and I gave a quick race a spin and I don;t think you guys want me on the track at the same time your racing man it was ugly. I think my best lap on the mini cooper first track on beginners was like a 1:02 and some change, not bery good but very fun!

Man there is a lot to this game and I don't know what half this stuff does, could be a steep learning curve for me.
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah Drizz your absolutly right, I just got mine in the mail yesterday amd there is a lot more to it then I was expecting. I have always played the Need for Speeds and Gran Tourismo and stuff and this is way more advanced. I LOVE the fact that you can put your own music into the folder for your car radio, that is sweet. I am using an Xbox360 controller and still have yet to find a good steering sensitivity to suit me. are there patches or anything that I need to DL? Lookg for to learning from you guys here soon!!
                            PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

No patches, just tracks. Mirfee has them stickied.

Watching RocketPunch's multiview video, watching replays, and practice, practice, practice really helped me out. I'm actually fairly decently somewhat quick now. I used to be slow as all hell.

I really recommend picking one car, one track, and just practicing the heck out of it. The fundamentals that you learn will help you adjust to other tracks, other cars, and indeed other games down the line. It helped for me. Make sure to check out Rocket's multiview though. And watch one perfect replay for your chosen car/track combo lots and lots of times.
                              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X