GT2 status?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT2 status?

Hey guys, I have really been wanting to become a part of TGRL but am unable to find Legends anywhere. I can howevere get my hands on GT2, I am aware that yall are playing Legends currently and was wondering if and when yall would be changing over to GT2. If I got it would I be wasting my money as far as TGRL is concerened? Do any of you have and or play GT2? Would it be possible to have a TG league for GT2 as well as Legends? Help me out here guys I'm very eager!!! Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas, I know I had a blast watching my 1 1/2 year old twin daughters opening presents, it was a little odd being on the parent side of Xmas for once and not the Kid side lol.....Merry Xmas Guys!!!
    PSN= Lethal_420

Re: GT2 status?

I found a copy of GT2 ( edit: GTL ) at Amazon.com
    Last edited by LOWDRAG; 12-25-2006, 05:32 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Do you mean GTR2?
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Welcome to TGRL!

I too presume you mean GTR2. If so, then I wish to encourage you to pick up GT Legends. GTL is still the flagship title in TGRL, and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

GTR2 is on the list to expand to, but I have no plans to replace GTL with it. The plan is to grow TGRL to the point of being able to fully support both titles, with tracked/ranked points championships... the works! In the interim, we may be adding a server for that game in the visible future (though, this will only be run occasionally for open track and fun races... no championship support for a while, and never preempting GTL).

But until such time, GTL is the focus sim here. So please, if you're excited about joining us for some fun races and the upcoming championship season, then I encourage you to pick up a copy ASAP. I know it's hard to find GTL in stores right now, but Amazon has copies still at the normal retail rate.

Comment

Like Lowdrag, I found my copy of GTL (If that was what you meant) on Amazon as well (new) for about $24 I think. It shipped immediately and I had it a few days later. If you go ahead and buy a copy, chances are, it won't come with a serial number/on-line key, so be sure to email [email protected] as soon as you get your copy so he can send you one and you can race with the rest of us online. Trying to obtain one through the normal channels will probably take a long time.

Comment

Thanks for your responses guys. The only ones I have found are shippping out of the UK, you recogn thats a safe bet?? Also, Fuzzy you mentioned about it not having a cd key/serial..if the one I get is NOT used and is still factory sealed then thats not an issue correct?? And hey Fuzzy I see you live in the Newport News area. I live in Fredericksburg just North of you and actually will be stationed in the Navy down there in Norfolk soon. We need to get together and grab a beer sometime! Thanks again guys for your input!

Oh yeah, just got xbox 360...any of you have it and or play any racing games via 360?? Let me Know
            PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Hey Rookie,

That's great about you coming to my neck of the woods. Look me up when you get here!

As far as GTL goes, unfortunately, a serial number/on-line key is something that they apparently failed to include on all the newer issues of GTL. Mine was factory new, sealed and everything. Several other TGRL members had the exact same problem, so chances are, you will too. :( Luckily, Joaquin seems like a top-notch sort of guy. He got back to me with a key in less then 24 hours.

Hope this helps

Comment

This seems like an awful lot of work jjst to drive the streets. Thanks guys but I think I am just gonna go down the street to Best Buy and conveniently pick up a copy of GTR2 adn just hope that you guys upgrade sooner thank your expecting. Who knows maybe I can after given permission and support form you guys, start recruitng within the GTR2 public and take the innectiative to help expand TGRL. I notice a lot of people that I have on xfire are playing it so maybe I can get GTR2 jump started and help it become succeful within the TG community. and if anything bring new faces to this great community. Let me knwo what you guys think!
                PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Hey Rookie,

I hope I didn't sway you away from GTL. It really is a great game and once you know how to properly get your online code, it really isn't much of a hassle at all. Also, you can still play the full game in single player mode while you wait. Which was just fine for me because I got my online key back way before I felt competent enough to duke it out online. :)

Comment

I think you're giving up on GTL too quickly Rookie.

Please look here. Amazon sells it directly (as of this post, 1 copy in stock with more on the way), and their 3rd party sellers are US, also in stock (some selling for more than others, not to mention new copies as well as used... so compare).

And Fuzzy tells no lie. While the game ships with a Starforce code (it's the same for every copy sold), you will need the online key (unique for every copy) in order to join multiplayer (singleplayer is not affected).

The mere wait of up to 24hrs to get your online key via email hardly seems like 'a lot of work' to me. But if your mind is made up to bypass GTL and go straight for GTR2, I won't try and dissuade you.

However, I cannot promise when GTR2 will have any official support here. So, while I appreciate your enthusiasm for racing GTR2 with us, I feel it's premature to begin recruiting for a different game than the one we're formally running right now. I only say this since I don't want to generate interest ahead of our ability to provide support.

Comment

OK Guys DONE!!! thanks for the link through Amazon I just went and placed my order and being as impatient as I am I paid fro the hurry up shipping 2-6 days. Would have done overnight if it was an option lol...so soon as I have recieved it I will touch base with you guys and see what I need to do at that point. Thanks again guys!
                      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Awesome! Glad you decided to go for it! :D

Comment

Rookie,

In the words of that dusty midevil knight dude in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.... "You chose wisely."

Comment

Good choice, I have both games actually so if anyone wants to play GTR2 some time I can try to host it. I perfer GTL though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X