TGRL sim racing school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGRL sim racing school?

I had a thought today that our newer drivers might like some 'racing school' session(s) to get familiar with GTL, and sim racing in general.

I have very little worked out on this (just the notion, really), but if there's interest, I'll gladly plan out some orientation and training criteria. Nothing long term... probably just a single evening on the server to cover the basics. Can hold these sessions as needed.

Bear in mind, I'm no sim racing ace, but I do have a very solid grasp of the fundamentals, both academically and at the sim wheel, as well as decent experience putting it all to work. I won't make anybody a championship driver, but I can help shorten the learning curve. The rest is just practice. ;)

Lemme know if you're interested. I'll be happy to run a session even one at a time.

Re: TGRL sim racing school?

Sounds like fun. I'd be happy to help out, even though I'm no ace either.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Excellent idea Mirfee, I would jump all over the chnace to learn from some of you Vets.
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Count me in as well. I know I have learned quite a bit and cut a few seconds off my times under your tutelage the last few times we have done open track, so something more formal should be educational and a lot of fun.

Comment

Most definitely for me, this is a great idea. If we can manage to get the scheduling I would most definitely attend.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey cool! Alright, I'll hash some thoughts together. :)

Comment

BTW... prior to getting online, anybody who recently got the game will need to get their online key. I know it came up in discussion recently, but I thought I'd post about it again for anyone who might have missed it. Here's the info that Strag posted...

e-mail Joaquin Liguas directly and request an online serial key from him. Joaquin is a support guy at Viva; he's the person that Vulcan recommended to me when I had my online serial key woes. The general support at Viva and 10tacle were unresponsive in my case.

Comment

sweet!! thanks for the re-post of that info. I just shot him an email and hopefully I will hear something soon
                PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
                  BTW... prior to getting online, anybody who recently got the game will need to get their online key. I know it came up in discussion recently, but I thought I'd post about it again for anyone who might have missed it. Here's the info that Strag posted...
                  So all we have to do is email this support guy with our starforce cdkey and request a online key? Is there any other info that I need to include in the email?
                  sigpic

Comment

The Starforce key is identical for everybody, so that won't help. I think you just have to request the online key. Fuzzy or Strag could answer better than I.

Comment

Yea, that's exactly the way it works. Normally, the online/serial key is supposed to be included with the game, printed on the back on the manual like any other game key. For whatever reason, the most recently issued copies of GTL don't include it, and the website no longer has a functional key despencer. So, you basically have to contact the publisher as ask for it personally. The best way is using that email address Mirfee linked to and ask Jauquin for one. He was very friendly and got me mine within 24 hours.

Comment

Thanks guys I sent the email off earlier so I should have a key by tomorrow hopefully
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to attend this school as well. I'm definitely not a sim racing vet, so I could use some formal education.

Comment

I don't know what I can impart to you that I haven't already seen you do, Strag. But I'll give it a shot and hopefully I won't bore you with stuff you already seem to know. :D

On a more serious note, here's some of what I've brainstormed on...

- We'll train on one track: Limerock Park. It's an addon and perfect for training (seeing as it's home to Skip Barber Racing school ;) ). If you don't have it yet, it's linked somewhere in this forum. I will also make a link to it formally later on.
                            - We'll train in one car: the Lotus Elite. I posted elsewhere the virtues of this machine and it's terrific applicability in training use.
                            - I'll upload a setup for the Elite that I'll ask everyone to download. The purpose of this will be to have it more balanced and stable specifically for use on Limerock.
                            - We'll cover real basic stuff, starting first and foremost with the racing line (turn-in, apex, and track-out). We'll start out at low speeds to develop consistency, and then slowly increase speed while still focusing on the same line consistency. This will include braking and acceleration principles, and gradually move up to more advanced techniques (which may be best reserved for another week's training session after folks have practiced the basics).

Just my $0.02 for now. I'd like to shoot for sometime mid next week for the first session. I'll post before that with all the required info, downloads, etc.

Comment

You try this out tomorrow night Mirfee. I would love to run around the track with everyone in the exact same car and setup.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X