Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing School - The Racing Line (LimeRock)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing School - The Racing Line (LimeRock)

This thread is for discussion of the TGRL Racing School, Session #1 - The Racing Line.

Here is the turn-by-turn visual guide intended as reference for ongoing practice. While this guide is specifically for the LimeRock track and it's particular characteristics, the principles are applicable to other tracks and should be learned in order to determine the racing line for other circuits.

Taking this in mind, I should stress that no officially released tracks, and probably no addon tracks, have cone markers at the critical turn points. I modified the LimeRock addon track to have these expressly for the purpose of training. Drivers will have to develop a sense of observation, analysis, and judgment in order to learn the racing line of other circuits. Finding reference points around a track is an essential part of racing, and all drivers, from amateur sim racers to real world pros have and depend on this skill.

I have not written every possible principle, detail, or nuance, as they are more capably explained conversationally in a live training session (not to mention, thoroughly written about and readily available online or in print). It is recommended that new drivers attend a training session on this topic before practicing what this guide illustrates. However, reading this guide beforehand will familiarize the driver with what is covered.

If you have not yet had the opportunity to attend this training session, please PM me or post in the existing (though not stickied) Racing School thread so we can set one up. Additional sessions covering this topic are welcome as well. :)
    Last edited by Mirfee; 01-22-2007, 08:43 AM.

Re: Racing School - The Racing Line (LimeRock)

Dude! that is super cool! Nicely done man!! +rep!!

Lime Rock is such a good track as a training ground. Not only does having a good line critical in carrying momentum (especially for a low power car); more importantly running a defensive line will cost you alot here (interms of exit speed).

The trick is to make your opponent fall for that defensive line while, you take the good line for maxium exit speed overtaking. If you screw up (even a little) on the "west bend', you will have to carry your mistake all the way to the entry of "big bend".
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Amazing!
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

The other day I was at Best Buy and, after reading a post about TGRL, I was looking for the game you all were playing. What is the name because I am very interested to participate in it? Please don't tell me it is TGRL - I don't want to feel like a complete idiot.

Peace

|TG-Irr| Boxcar0715
        |TG-Irr| Boxcar0715
        "It's really easy to forget what's important... so don't!"

Comment

Hey Boxcar the name of the game we play is GT Legends. It's a VERY detailed game with lots to learn but Mirfee and the others are very patient and are looking for more players. Feel free to pick up a copy and dust off your wheel and come join in the fun.

Hope to see you on the track
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Boxcar. As far as I know, GT Legends has largely disappeared from a lot of store shelves. My recommendation has been for folks to order a copy from Amazon. Check some of the additional sellers linked on that page to find a better price (seems to have gone up $5 more than was previously sold for).

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
              Check some of the additional sellers linked on that page to find a better price (seems to have gone up $5 more than was previously sold for).
              Probably because all of us TGRLers have been ordering it. ;)

Comment

Mirfee I wish I could rep you for that guide that is very well done! Outstanding work!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys! I just hope it proves useful and helpful. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X