Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing with DualShock analog sticks

Hey guys...

I'm playing around with the demo of rFactor, and I have a question. Does anyone use an analog joystick/gamepad? I'm having a bit of trouble properly calibrating the analog sticks. It inputs just fine, but I find that exact movement on the stick translates to steering wheel movement. Now, you can adjust digital input for steering (if I were using the D-pad or Keyboard, this would be useful), but I don't see a way to adjust the rate at which the in-game steering wheel responds to analog stick input. The X-axis sensitivity seems to have absolutely no effect on this. It's making the formula car undrivable, because even the smallest correction on the stick translates to a snap of the steering wheel, sending the car spinning.

I don't plan on getting a wheel. I'm too strapped for cash, and I don't have a whole lot of room in my office for a peripheral like that. Should I just switch to the D-pad, or is there a way around this?
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Racing with DualShock analog sticks

I don't know what to suggest Evo. Pretty much all of us use wheels for the level of control. I think a gamepad, in any configuration, is going to be a handicap. :(

Comment

Re: Racing with DualShock analog sticks

Analog gamepad is a decent stop-gap measure when you have absolutely no other choice, Evo... but it's not something you should bother depending upon.

When you're able to, drop the $100 and pick up a Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel. It's completely worth it, and a good step into the larger world of sim-racing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X