Anyone try Project Torque

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try Project Torque

I have been playing Project Torque for about a week and seems pretty fun. I think the thing I like the most is that it is FREE!! Not bad for a FREE game!

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/

Re: Anyone try Project Torque

Yes I played it for awhile.

It's okay for the first few days, However the license tests and rigorous criteria to pass them kinda soured me off the game.

But, Great graphics and awesome realism to be honest.
    And the fact that it's also free adds to the temptation.

Comment

I gave it a shot. Liked the concept as I saw it up front. But getting into it revealed it's not as 'free' as they say.

Bear in mind that I tried it initially, and my impressions are not from a thorough exploration. Just what I encountered at first and didn't want to invest further energy.

You need to collect various kinds of points (ala experience points of different varieties) to advance. You need to pass certain challenges to gain points. But you need points to unlock challenges. The workaround? Purchase points with actual money. Yes. You can shorten the XP hunt if you buy them from the game dev. That's how they make their money it would seem.

Not quite free, and not quite enjoyable enough in my opinion.

Comment

It's ok. It's free in itself, but they ALWAYS find a way to screw you over. I was stuck with a lower end car for the time I had it, after every race, I never gained XP... I gave up on it long ago. The concept is good though.

Comment

Been having a lot of fun with it. I have a decent garage, with the fastest car being a EVO with some mods on it.

I think people just have to get used to the concept of pay for content. You pay money for games you buy in the store don't you? Why would it be different here?

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

I don't have a problem paying for content. I just don't want to pay for content I'm not particularly interested in. For my money there are better sims out there.

But I'm glad somebody is having fun with it. Racing is racing. Can't find fault with that. :)

Comment

i played it and well i liked it somewhat i guess

||||
              |TG-E49|Rough Sex Bomb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse