Grid Racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid Racing

Anyone play Grid racing i heard it is pretty fun and i have the demo and its amazing i love the Nissan Skyline GT-R. Just wondering if i should buy it if any members play it?

Re: Grid Racing

Buy it. It is, no kidding, fantastic.

That's coming from a guy who didn't know a darn thing about racing games when he bought it, but I've played the stew out of it (Disclaimer: GRID does not come with free stew.), even including some very engaging single player circuits (I seldom play anything other than multiplayer anything).

I can't offer any sort of scheduled multiplayer, but I do recommend that you buy it -- and tell your friends to.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Amaizing game, Not realistic in any sense but one of the most fun, easy to pick up games i have ever played, Its also beautiful.
      PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
        Its also beautiful.
        +1 to that. Man, what an absolutely beautiful game.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

First: Forget realism, apart from visual quality, which is superb.

With that in mind, it is a riot of a fun time if you're looking for a very forgiving, arcade style driving game (note, I do not say sim, even though it is superb at simulating the atmosphere of driving, it is not attempting to simulate the physics of driving in anything resembling a hardcore experience).

For all these reasons, GRID is excellent at introducing driving/racing to new players. Challenging enough to be interesting, but forgiving enough to focus on fun.

I also recommend DIRT for exactly all the same reasons... except it's off-road type racing (buggies, trucks, etc, as well as rally/rallycross which is on mixed paved and non-paved accordingly).

Comment

We should try and set up a pickup game sometime. I've never attempted MP in GRID, so I'm not even sure what modes are available.

Comment

I'm also considering buying it but I absolutely hated the drifting part in the demo. Should that deter me from buying the full version? $30.00 on Steam is really tempting me.
              sigpic

Comment

No. I ignore the drifting stuff. There's plenty else to do.

There's also plenty to do if you ignore the Demolition Derby.

But, for sure, that demo derby has become my favorite mode.

Comment

Ug. Drifting. I don't/won't touch that nonsense.

I haven't tried the demo derby stuff yet, but I'm sure I'll play with it. I've only been working through the straight racing part of the career mode.

Comment

I'm thinking of trying some MP Grid this weekend. Anybody interested? I'll look into hosting. If that won't work, we could find a pub server.

Comment

Hey I have GRID and RACE07/GTR Evolution, I would like to share some MP Derby lolz too...
                      xfire nick; |TG-31st|WARGASM_UK

Comment

Just for everyone's information, it is half price on Steam this weekend. I couldn't resist it for $15 an I am downloading it now. I hope it runs as well as the demo did on my rig.
                        sigpic

Comment

Argh I am so tempted. I just hate the way the game handles on the keyboard...I can't drift nor make the 180 corners in the demo but I don't have the financial resources to buy a controller soon :(

Comment

Too bad you only have keyboard... I wouldn't bother playing until you can confidently control the car... I got a PS2 style controller (Logitech Dual Action thingy) and I'm satisfied by the analogue control sticks. A wheel would be too expensive and large for my setup so I recommend a cheap joypad over keyboard anytime.

Playing GTR Evolution and GRID, so x-fire me if people are having some multiplayer fun.

Comment

I play Grid from time to time, its an ok game if you turn all the driving aids off, but its still not even close to a sim.
                              |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X