Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARCA Sim Racing

asrseries dot com

It is a great simulation, if anyone is interested I am looking to trade a digital Key for a Grid steam account.

Re: ARCA Sim Racing

Arca sux. End of story.

I want u to buy rFactor and then tell me Arca did not absolutely STEAL rFactor's design.

Comment

Wow. The degree of misinformation in that post is staggering. :row__689: The only thing even resembling a fact is the relationship to rFactor.

The Simfactory developed ARCA on ISI's rFactor engine. They did this not only with ISI's knowledge, but their blessing (and a license).

ARCA Sim Racing is based on Image Space Incorporated's game engine, gmotor2, which was used in rFactor. In August 2006, The Sim Factory purchased the rights to use the gmotor2 engine in their software[1], and with the help of ISI, The Sim Factory was able to recode the engine to produce a realistic stock car simulation.
      ARCA Sim is superior to rFactor's stock physics. Why? Because the Sim Factory actually worked in direct cooperation with ARCA in developing the sim. They have data from teams, engineers, and the tire manufacture, Hoosier.

The only sim to be regarded as superior to ARCA for stock cars (and this is arguable depending on which camp you're in), is iRacing. Dale Jr is known to run both sims frequently. He is an avid sim fan, and even participated in the development of iRacing. I cannot confirm if he was involved with ARCA Sim, but he has certainly been a strong supporter of it. And he's just the most visible and vocal supporter. There are several drivers who sim race and use ARCA.

So. Which part of that is inferior to rFactor? Oh, right, The design is totally ripped off.

If you want a versatile sim, rFactor is the ideal title. It's intent was to be an open sandbox for modding. You simply cannot get more variety than with rFactor. But for a dedicated stock car sim, ARCA is alone, on the top with iRacing.

EDIT: Just realized I argued with a 14yo. :row1_27:

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
        Wow. The degree of misinformation in that post is staggering. :row__689: The only thing even resembling a fact is the relationship to rFactor.

The Simfactory developed ARCA on ISI's rFactor engine. They did this not only with ISI's knowledge, but their blessing (and a license).

ARCA Sim is superior to rFactor's stock physics. Why? Because the Sim Factory actually worked in direct cooperation with ARCA in developing the sim. They have data from teams, engineers, and the tire manufacture, Hoosier.

The only sim to be regarded as superior to ARCA for stock cars (and this is arguable depending on which camp you're in), is iRacing. Dale Jr is known to run both sims frequently. He is an avid sim fan, and even participated in the development of iRacing. I cannot confirm if he was involved with ARCA Sim, but he has certainly been a strong supporter of it. And he's just the most visible and vocal supporter. There are several drivers who sim race and use ARCA.

So. Which part of that is inferior to rFactor? Oh, right, The design is totally ripped off.

If you want a versatile sim, rFactor is the ideal title. It's intent was to be an open sandbox for modding. You simply cannot get more variety than with rFactor. But for a dedicated stock car sim, ARCA is alone, on the top with iRacing.

EDIT: Just realized I argued with a 14yo. :row1_27:
        Yes you did. Tried it though, hated it. Came out with 5 tracks...

Comment

There are about 20 now. It's been steadily getting updates and improvements along the way too.

Not everyone's cup of tea, though... mine included. Not because of quality, however. I just don't dig on stock cars very much. Apart from that, it's a brilliant racing sim.

Comment

Its an okay game,the biggest problem for me is !!NO BRISTOL!!.When I got game it had about 10 tracks kinda thin. As far as game play its average.Been running grid some arcade like but fun. Weird how multiplayer is set up. Wishing season 03 WILL RISE FROM THE GRAVE. PAPYRUS RACING = BEST STOCK CAR SIM.(opinion)

Comment

Its ok for online racing. I found the tire and collision physics to be pretty good.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X