Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race 07

heya guys

With the FIA GT season reaching its end this weekend, i figured i'd bust out my wheel and GTR copy and have a go before i'm off to watch the last race this weekend in Zolder.

However, my computer seems to have issiues running GTR, as no matter how i test it, it always seems to give me "lagspikes" lasting a half a second to a second... not often, sometimes i'm fine for 2-3 rounds, but often enough it makes it impossible to race, especially if you like to do long endurance races.

So i figured the time might have come to retire the old behemoth...snif snif...
    Looking at steam Race07 was only 5$ so i figured i'd get that first to see if the same happens with that game, it is afterall the same engine as GTR, and am happy to report it runs very smooth!

Played a few hours online last night and was amazed and pleased at the discipline of the pilots online! i actually got some very good races in!

Shame about the poor car and track selection (no zolder or spa??), I had a look for mods and it's abit confusing there doesn't seem to be much out there for race07 specificly, some sites lump all the gtr2/evo/race07 mods under the same category? what's up with that?

anyone still play race07 here? Will probably get evo soon aswell, as i can't see these touring cars satisfying my endurance needs for long :)
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Re: Race 07

I play Race 07, but I have the STCC, GTR-Evo and Race On expansion too. I mostly drive the S2000 cars but I'm surprised you have had good races. About 1/10 of the races I have are any good. Most the time I just punted off by either noobs or actually people who can put some fast laps times in but have no concept of fair racing.

Dunno how the mods work but I have some extra tracks, the BTCC ones. What website are you looking at for downloads? Im sure some of the racing communities will have proper links.

Comment

I also have Race 07 with all the expansions, strange how you get old Camero Cup with STCC but hey... I just want more tracks and more cars (older the better, classic touring cars would be great), it is a shame Spa and Le Mans arn't in there already. I end up going to GRID to play those...

Oh yeah, I don't play online as most people just want to disrupt the race...

Comment

yeah, i think i might have yelled victory abit hastily, the fact i got some very good racing in the first night probably had alot to do with the fact i was driving between 2 and 5 am...
        Had another go at it during the day yesterday...and oh my god... GTR flashbacks a plenty!
        During the nighttime it got better though...

seems like not much has changed online, still getting my head around the fact they are touringcars ( what, it tops out at 240??) but the physics seem great, if maybe abit easier then the original GTR (but i heard that was already the case in GTR2).

What are your ingame names? mine is the same as here.
        maybe we should organise a little get togheter?
        sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

I'm Ethyl Perchlorate, you're resident driver with terrible road rage ;) Add me on steam or just pm me and I should be up for a race. Dunno how the add friends thing works anymore on steam so try 'mrpineapples' if 'ethyl perchlorate' doesn't work :)

Comment

heya guys, i used to skin for GTR in the past, so i tried my hand at recreating a carskin for one of the hondas...

unfortunatly, i keep hitting the problem that it can't load the championship due to missing said car everytime i restart the game.

did some reading up and seems everyone is having this problem from what scarce info i can find on it from months back...

From what i make of it in the way race 07 skins work compared to GTR is that the skins are added like "standalone" cars in race 07... instead off adding the skin over an original car as it was in GTR...

unfortunatly i have the steam version of race 07, so i don't seem to have acces to alot of files like i would have on a normal dvd install... so i'm hoping by renaming the files to a specific original car it will overwrite it..

Could somebody give me what's inside the ini file of Ryan Sharps 2006 honda?
            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

I haven't skinned for Race07, but have you looked here?

\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins

This is the default location for skins with the Steam version. There's a Readme file in that folder. Check there for instructions.

Sorry I can't help more. Good luck.

Comment

http://www.race-game.org/race07/down...ntemplates.htm

Go to that website and download the guides to making skins in Race 07, that might answer your question and help you make some skins.

Comment

i know how to make skins guys ;)

Chances are, if you downloaded mods for GTR, you might have some of my work on your HD :p

My problem is, i cannot see the gamedata folder through steam, steam somehow hides all those files... i need to be able to see those files so i can name my skin exactly the same in order to override it...

ah well, i picked up the gtr evo +race 07 dvd on ebay for 10$, so hopefully i'll be able to install and actually view the installed files...

sigh, damn you steam/simbin , i want to race my PK carsport skin in a season...
                  sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

so i try to start race 07

and steam simply tells me : this game is currently unavailable. Please try at another time.

WTF?! are you kidding me? i've tried fragmenting my files and validating the files, but nothing...
                    what the heck is going? i can't acces my my game because steam doesn't feel like it???
                    sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

found this shortly after, incase anyone runs into the same troubles, option 5 finally did it for me.

http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/...ly_unavailable
                      sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse