Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in GTR2 / GTR EVO Racing League??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in GTR2 / GTR EVO Racing League??

Yeah, so the wtcc stock cars in race 07 didn't hold me over for long :p
    So while i wait for my GTR Evo copy to arrive, i read that EVO doesn't come with the official FIA GT championships... so i went and found myself a copy of GTR2 to get stuck in until i can check out EVO.

And oohh is it good! *big grin*

Now, as i mentioned i used to skin back in the day for GTR under the name [lSd]Whistler, [lSd] beeing my racing team i used to race a couple of seasons in the Jolt TRM online league with my buddy.
    That was some of the best racing i've ever had! god they were fun!
    We used to run 1,5 hour endurance races in a championship format after the FIA GT one.
    We had several 2 man teams, season skin packs, driver and team standings, the lot...
    We did the whole race weekend, 1 or 2 practices, 2 qualies and then the race.
    my old GTR team, pre season reveal.

Now i've been digging into GTR2, i'm pleased to see lots of new talent got into the scene, and some very skilled new skinners that weren't around for GTR1!
    Also pleased to see that the standard in GTR2 for releasing skins has become releasing them as a seperate car, making things alot easier when it comes to organising custom championships!

So, this topic is to gauge any interest in joining a TG racing league!
    I'd be heading up the organisation of it all, and i could skin a car for you or your team if you don't want to drive an excisting race car, create an easy to install, 1file download, championship including the teams and skins etc.
    I don't have my evo copy yet (or looked at the mods and skins for Evo), so i can't comment on wich would be best suitable out of the 2, so exlain your vote if you will.

I myself quite like the roughness of GTR2, it's not as hard as the first, but it's close.
    I've also been tinkering with skins and mods for the game and so far i've been able to create quite a nice, diverse GT field that runs without any problems or errors consisting of:

- Corvette C5-R
    - Corvette C6-R
    - Ferrari 550
    - Ferrari 575
    - Viper GTS
    - Saleen S7-R
    - Masserati MC-12
    - Lister Storm
    - Porsche GT2
    - Lamborghini Murcielago
    - Lamborghini Gallardo
    - Audi R8
    - Ford GT

I've also got all of the skins of the FIA GT 09 season to go on the cars that ran in it

As for a season format of the top of my head and very open to suggestions

- a couple of pre-season test races to get a feel of it and attract drivers
    - 10 rounds , 1 round every 2 weeks on a set day, say sundays?
    - Driver and Team championship styled after the FIA GT, 2 cars per team MAX
    - 1x 20/30 min practice ?
    - 2x 15/20 min qualifying?
    - 1hour and 10 min race? to force everyone to make atleast 1 pitstop for fuel
    - if enough interest/ or wanting to spice things up, we can run a mixed championship and standings for GT and GT2 cars ?
    - Clean racing is a must

As for a server, if there is enough interest in this, i'll have something to approach the higher ups to see if we can borrow a server every 2 weeks for a couple of hours.

So, who is up for this?? :D
    GTR2
    66.67%
    GTR Evo
    33.33%
    Last edited by sturgis; 11-04-2009, 07:29 AM.
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Re: Interest in GTR2 / GTR EVO Racing League??

I would be interested, not sure about the race length but I am sure I would get used to it pretty quickly. I reckon GTR EVO would be better, mainly as it is the newer game and has fewer problems (I also don't have GTR2). Any extra tracks or cars we need or would want could be found at nogripracing although I am happy to drive the Corvette C5R but some extra tracks would be nice.

Comment

cool :)

I just had a look through the car list in evo and had a look at nogrip for mods and it looks abit dissapointing, no mc12s but they throw in a koeningeggs?? that makes me abit sceptical, but we'll see how it drives when my copy arives.
      I did find a gtr2 to evo mod, but there seem to be some problems with, i'll have to check it out.
      sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

I'll jump in with initial interest. I used to admin the TG Racing League, so I bet a server and such could be revived with enough interest (sustainable interest proved to be a problem in the previous incarnation). At the very least I'm sure we could get some open practice / pickup races going prior to a larger membership.

My vote would be GTR2. I don't have nor will I be getting Evo. Just not enough value in the newer title to replace the much better established GTR2.

Comment

ah excellent, so with you knowing how to go about things and my ability to skin etc, we should be able to knock something out even with low numbers :)

GTR2 can probably be picked up very cheap on ebay
          sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

94 views and only 2 other people posted?? Come one, where are you SIM Racers out there? Speak up for some fun!

And you WTCC, open wheels, nascar, rally and arcade racers out there, come pick up the challenge of driving a GT1 specced monster if you dare :D
            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

well, just got my evo copy in, but i have to go to work in a bit, as luck would have it though, i'm getting off work early today, so will give this a spin tonight and see wich one of the 2 is best
              sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Originally posted by sturgis View Post
                94 views and only 2 other people posted?? Come one, where are you SIM Racers out there? Speak up for some fun!

And you WTCC, open wheels, nascar, rally and arcade racers out there, come pick up the challenge of driving a GT1 specced monster if you dare :D
                Well I know for at least myself I check this board but I don't have a wheel (my PC is actually on a dresser... long story but I can't have the pedals set up right without being far back from the screen and would have to get a wheel I could stick in my lap..) so anything beyond DiRT/GRID/NFS:S level of realism is nigh impossible to play.

Comment

yeah i had assumed these would one of the problems popping up...
                  We might be able to work something out so that initially we don't run on full simulation to attract some new drivers?

If you had some driving aids like traction control and anti lock brakes, that should help somewhat out for the joypad drivers?

Also, just did a couple of laps round monza real quick before i go and i have to say i'm not impressed with GTR evo at all... couldn't even redline my C6-R ?!
                  so i voted for GTR2
                  sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Ok, played for abit with andre, i'm pritty sure this isn't the suiteable base for a league...
                    I realised i am redlining it, and that the dial has changed to 10k RPM... wich quite stupid ,not to mention annoying , considering it tops out at 7K... about a quarter of the dial never gets used...
                    The corvette just feels odd to drive... and then you loose it without warning...lol
                    And the sound is just way to quiet...i mean the C6-R sounds like a friggen touring car! Nowhere near the loud, mean, quite realistic roar that GTR2 offers...wich means you cannot go on the sound of the engine like you would normally drive a car... Under 3000 rpm i had trouble hearing the engine in my corvette... -_-

I also noticed the "civvie" version cars... convertible Viper? yeah, this ain't no SIM alright :p
                    sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

so i've been looking for an excuse to get stuck in with fraps and sony vega...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZH5eRmhpoI[/media]
                      sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Hello everyone, I just saw this thread now. I own a copy of gtr2 (one of gt legends in on the way :)) and I'm in for racing multilayer action, although my experience is only on SP.

I was looking to the newer releases from simbin and they are a bit confusing. I see that gtr evo and race on are, "addons" for race 07, but does race on have all the previous releases down to race 07?
                        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

No idea, sorry. I stopped the series with Race07.

Comment

I'll run some laps.
                            which game gtr2 or gtr evo?
                            I dont have either.
                            evo link gogamer http://www.gogamer.com/GTR-Evolution...VVviewprod.htm
                            gtr 2 link amanzon http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-003...sr=8-1-catcorr

Comment

I have both games and some mods for GTR2, but not sure how to install them

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X