• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dirt 2 demo

codemasters has a demo out on dirt 2 not bad and its free ,link
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/d...nloads;title;2

Re: dirt 2 demo

I tried it. While I love the on-track environment (visuals, sound, etc) and consider them greatly improved over Dirt1, I hate Hate HATE the menu interface. This is even worse than the first game. Why do game devs feel the need to make overly complex, layered, animated transitions? I just want to select what I want and get on track as efficiently as possible. And I'm not the least bit interested in what Ken Block, Travis Pastrana, and presumably some other hot shot drivers have to say in my ears now and again. Sadly, I will not be buying this game because of these 'features,' and the more-of-the-same racing. Despite the presentation improvements over Dirt1, this game is not worth my money. At least not so far.

Comment

Agreed interface is sucky, codemasters trademark. The in car stuff is pretty good esp water effects (opinion)

Comment

I like it, fun and fast paced...

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
        George S. Patton

Comment

I liked the first, I like this, and I'll def be getting it eventually. I can deal with sub par menus for very probably the best arcade racer out there in my opinion.

Also, agree about Pastrana, Block etc. If it was Colin McRae (RIP) giving slight advice or something it'd be one thing but "You did great!" is not something I need to hear as I am not a child who needs constant reassuring.

Comment

Game is absolutely beautiful... hard not to oogle over the graphics.
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Now having the full game I can say it is a complete improvement over DiRT 1. Still has the problems (at least IMO) that DiRT had I.E. too much focus on non-rally events (stuff like Raid, Landrush etc), cars for some reason not added to the game (No Ford, Skoda, Citreon etc rally cars despite their popularity, along with removing the "classic" cars DiRT 1 had) etc.

Still, I have a good bit of fun with it. Worth the money imo.

Comment

since ya got it, hows the multiplay on it ? Read on box there using the live network ? I've only had 1 other game on live halo 2 and didn't play it much.

Comment

I wouldn't know, never play racing games multi.

Comment

i bought it, it's pretty damn fun, but watch out for online drivers who don't know how to overtake and use you to turn.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X