X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Racing Game do you own? Poll Closed

Hey guys,

In order to try and drum up some interest in Racing Sims I would like to get a headcount for who plays what games. Eventually I'd like to try a once weekly racing night, where we would do something similar to the SimHq Fun Series.
    rFactor
    12.50%
    Dirt 2
    29.69%
    Grid
    21.88%
    GTR 2
    9.38%
    Other
    26.56%

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: What Racing Game do you own?

Voted

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Dirt 2 ftw! We need to get a TG Dirt 2 Race Ladder Event Epic Winnings Of Awesomeness thing going. Think of the possibilites! :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm down, we can do some events, say each week a different rally - do a wrc mini tour as it were.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
            I'm down, we can do some events, say each week a different rally - do a wrc mini tour as it were.
            Two words..........EPIC......WIN!

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Ok, I'll make a thread for it.

EDIT: see this thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tg-raci...ml#post1507738
              Last edited by ACOGRecon; 06-04-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Richard Burns Rally still the best after 8 years. Havent made any recent purchases because i think i need a new wheel because apparently 180 dollars isnt enough to buy a wheel that lasts more than a year (Driving Force Pro) without taking it apart and voiding the warantee.

Comment

i miss iRacing for the poll. so i voted others as i'm a member of iracing.
                  ---------------------------------
                  Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse

Comment

NASCAR Racing 2003 by Papyrus is the best realistic racing sim out there, (including IRacing). IRacing is still in a major Beta stage and until they can develop a much better tire model it will stay a beta. I've raced Papyrus sims since the original NASCAR Racing (N1 1994). Including N2, N3, N4, N2002 and N2003. It is head and shoulders above IRacing and in a totally different league from any other current racing product. If you want realism N2003 is still the best thing out there. I have sort of retired from N2003 and have been a member of IRacing since it first started but have given up for now until IR gets a tire model out there you can race.

kgwolf

Comment

I havent voted yet but since this thread was revived I am looking to get into racing. I know some are on iRacing and now the mention of Nascar 2003. I have also seen people playing dirt2.

My question is since I do not have a racing wheel and foot feet and a shifter, is it worth my time to invest in a racing game yet and if so I would like to purchase or look into purchasing a racing game that the majority of TG plays, any help would be nice :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I have Dirt 1 and GRid but never bothered with Dirt 2 - We do occasionally have some epic Grid nights on RIP and they are great fun, especially when the bear gets flowing...

Maybe we could try a intercontinental event with us both on Grid...?
                        [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

better question which one don't i own? GTR
                          JACK depends on you,are you a fan or have any interest in motor sports? Racing games can be lots of fun, since you haven't got a wheel yet I would suggest dirt 2 ,under 10 bucks & you should be fine with a pad. Try it out see if racing for you.
                          The bad,racing online some jackass wrecks you while your having a good run. Makes me wanna scream,oh wait I do.game on

Comment

i agree with you kgwolf about the tire model in iracing. also some other stuff is missing to give it more value.
                            but the main reason im still in is because of the race quality.

BuB: The bad,racing online some jackass wrecks you while your having a good run. Makes me wanna scream,.....
                            i was sick of beeing divebombed in the first turn and almost 70% of the racers on public's just play crashcar style.
                            there are for sure better sims out there but the lack of respect in races let me move to iracing.
                            as i'm only a part time racer it is very difficult in other sims to get into good racing servers and then you have such a high skill level out there that it's not real fun. (i suck at GT cars)
                            iracing "license" model is good as you won't reach the next license with too much crashing or doing other crap. i almost never win but i finish the race while having a good time with almost nice people. the biggest thing for me in iracing is having a good fight with a guy/girl without bumping, just beating him with better driving/braking and then thanking eachother for the fair fight.
                            driving latemodel, skip barber and soon impala B :)
                            cya
                            Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse

Comment

Thread closed, see updated poll for 2011 here:
                              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tg-raci...o-you-own.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X