Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 1st iRacing NASCAR Truck Series...video...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1st iRacing NASCAR Truck Series...video...

I spend alot of time playing iRacing (a over expensive but fantastic racing simulation... online only, no AI, I wouldn't recommend the game unless your really into hardcore, realistic auto racing.)

I participated in my first NASCAR Truck Series event this past week, usually I prefer road courses, but want to try and keep myself balanced with iRacing. I figured since this weeks race was at Daytona, it would be an easy introduction to the series...since you pretty much stay wide open... Was my thoughts wrong, and now I have a new understand and respect for "boring" oval racing.

First off I participated in some of the best practice sessions in my short iRacing career of 3 months. Some of the most friendliest, helpful, gamers/vRacers I've ever met. Sharing setups, sharing info, and practice different super-speedway tactics like drafting, bump drafting and sling shot passes. I always knew the basics of all these tactics, but my practice sessions put it in perspective.

Here is a video highlight of our 2 practice sessions I participated in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHfNBpgBW7Q&hd=1

And then race day, races seem more intense, more anal then practice, people not as friendly as in practice, understandablely... 50 laps, my goal was just to stay out of trouble and not cause anyone else any trouble... well 6 yellows and 21 laps under caution made this a LONG race, and a little underwhelming... I understand it's racing, but the practice sessions were just so much funnier.

I only lasted 25 laps, I dodged 2 bullets right in front of me, but the 3rd one got me. I understand and accept the safety rating thing, but still kinda pisses you off to miss 2 big incidences, only to be taken out accidentally and at no fault of your own...and lose safety points. But oh well, it's iRacing, and I love this game/simulation.

Here's a video of the start, and 3 incidences of my 25 laps I participated in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wttGVENGGf0&hd=1

I learned, 1) It ain't as easy or boring as some think, 2) You need a teammate for these races, and 3) no matter how hard you try and avoid trouble, it usually finds you. lol

So, if you play... add me to your friends lsit in game.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: my 1st iRacing NASCAR Truck Series...video...

ahh reminds me of nascar series 2003

Comment

Actually same developers, main developers. ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I know, can't get past the fees

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X