Truthfully, does this game have legs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truthfully, does this game have legs?

Does BF1 have a long-term future here at TG? I only want to buy it if it's something we're going to be playing here consistently until the next BF title is released. Obviously the key to this is our ability to run our server our way, which doesn't appear to be happening and may never happen.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

There have been 16 views in the 14 hours since I posted this question and nobody has anything to say?
    |TG|Melee

Comment

The game itself has legs, but DICE has not given the community the ability to police their own servers. The game itself is fun and would fit very well with TG, but without those server controls it would never really be a TG server. We would be another in a long line of more or less public servers, but with the TG name splattered on it. Its a pity really.

Comment

I am nit sure what the limits of the server control are now ? But it would be nice to have a server in favorites where I knew I would find TG players !
        sigpic
        *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

From what I understand there is no control over kicking/banning, so a rented server seems like a long stretch for established communities. There seems to be a strange disconnect between what the dedicated community expects and what EA/Dice are offering from the start, really regrettable.

Comment

The game itself has legs. I haven't touched BF4 since launch and don't miss it at all. That being said the server situation sucks ass. Imagine renting a server and not being able to use it due to it being full. Inexcusable. and the party join system makes no sense to me at all. its awful.

Comment

If/when the rentable severs get the controls admin's need then the game has a chance for sure. I'm taking a little break kinda waiting for this to happen. I like the game overall though.
              Last edited by AstroCat; 12-29-2016, 01:39 PM.
              Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

No.

It's a fun game but we cannot host or even admin a server.

Comment

These endless iterations of COD/BF et al has reached overload with me and I simply cannot keep up with as many titles as are being released. Overwatch and the Division and Deus Ex and ....

Squad is on my list for this year and I still have 6 RPG's to play and finish. I keep an active WoT schedule and try to be available for Insurgency occasionally and the loss of dedicated servers has pretty much made us obsolete as an entity.

Be nice if we could at least restore some of the custom site options we had before as its just not as much fun to stop by here and see whats going on.
                  Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

If you are looking for a teamwork based multiplayer with 'realistic' mechanics that will definitely have legs then Squad is a good shout. It will no doubt run for a long time at TG.

I'm sure BF1 is great fun, it looks like it, but EA have done it again. Failed to learn their own lessons and placed profit etc over the playerbase. If we can't run a server the way we want it will never be a TG title, not because we don't want it, but because we can't play it and run it our way. It can still be a game you play with other TG buds in the TG way and have a great time, we'll have forums etc but only you can decide if that's what you're looking for.

Comment

Yeah, I bought Overwatch. I'll consider BF1 if they ever resolve the server issue to our liking.
                      |TG|Melee

Comment

I've started playing some Squad, again. I like BF1, but I have tired of the typical player base, their play style, and their chat vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                          If you are looking for a teamwork based multiplayer with 'realistic' mechanics that will definitely have legs then Squad is a good shout. It will no doubt run for a long time at TG.
                          I'm trying out Squad; should be on this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                            Yeah, I bought Overwatch. I'll consider BF1 if they ever resolve the server issue to our liking.
                            What's your blizzard name Melee? I'll friend you, there's a bunch of us on OV

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Melee#11336, though I see you found me already.
                              |TG|Melee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...