Bad CPU optimiziation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad CPU optimiziation?

I'm experiencing bad FPS in BF1, worse than in the beta. My CPU utilization is almost always at 100% or at least at 98%, and sometimes the game freezes for 5 seconds when it's at 100. I think there is something seriously wrong here. The funny thing is i get the same frames whether I'm running on low or ultra settings. Something is up with the CPU usage in the game.

I'm using

GTX 780
    i5 2500
    16 gigs ram

I realize i have an older i5, but this rig plays BF4 on maxed out settings @ 1080p averaging 70FPS and never below 60. And i remember getting good FPS on the Star Wars beta and BF1 beta.
    -Tried CCleaner
    -Tried disabling shadowplay
    -Tried lowest settings
    -Tried "unparking cores"

Anyone else here experiencing the same thing find any solutions? I pray that this is something EA is looking at (many people, even with beast new rigs are having this problem) and will make a patch to optimize whatever is causing this.
    Last edited by Tomato_With_A_Rifle; 10-22-2016, 08:59 PM.

I think it is an optimization issue. I have cpu utilization in 90s as well at times. It does not effect my game play though. I see no effect in game, just notice how high it is in my monitoring software.

Comment

Look into turning off any type of services that are unneeded.

The other option is to look into overclocking Also, if it is the non-k version, look if you can tweak with your board.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Tomato_With_A_Rifle View Post
        I'm experiencing bad FPS in BF1, worse than in the beta. My CPU utilization is almost always at 100% or at least at 98%, and sometimes the game freezes for 5 seconds when it's at 100. I think there is something seriously wrong here. The funny thing is i get the same frames whether I'm running on low or ultra settings. Something is up with the CPU usage in the game.

I'm using

GTX 780
        i5 2500
        16 gigs ram

I realize i have an older i5, but this rig plays BF4 on maxed out settings @ 1080p averaging 70FPS and never below 60. And i remember getting good FPS on the Star Wars beta and BF1 beta.
        -Tried CCleaner
        -Tried disabling shadowplay
        -Tried lowest settings
        -Tried "unparking cores"

Anyone else here experiencing the same thing find any solutions? I pray that this is something EA is looking at (many people, even with beast new rigs are having this problem) and will make a patch to optimize whatever is causing this.
        Any success solving your problems? I have an i5 3750k and a gtx780. I am trying to decide whether to buy the game.
        "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
        "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

This is a known issue and supposedly they are working on a patch.

Comment

I did indeed have a service eating up a solid 25% of my CPU, non-stop. It was wuauserv.exe, some windows update feature. Along with stopping that service and that recent patch, i am getting slighty better frames, BUT the the freezing is COMPLETELY gone. The game is now playable for me 40-90 FPS range, depending on map and location. AVG around 60. I think they can still do more optimization in the future. My FPS also depends a lot on the map and players. Playing 24 person game modes like domination, TDM and rush is extremely smooth. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X