Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 New Details Revealed

Releasing this fall, plus...

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch.
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...der-now.aspx##
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: BF3 New Details Revealed

pff they gave nothing away actually, i feel a little relieved about the map size but seriously if they made them smaller it would just be lame..

also rumours say that they scrapped bf bbc2: onslaught (a coop version for bc2) and bf1943 to "concentrate" on bf3 for pc

Comment

They advertise that there is return of "prone"... Good lord, what an achievement!

Originally posted by Indianos View Post
      also rumours say that they scrapped bf bbc2: onslaught (a coop version for bc2) and bf1943 to "concentrate" on bf3 for pc
      This was officially announced on the blog. They are concentrating so much that you'll be able to prone. Can you believe it? :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by inrobert View Post
        They advertise that there is return of "prone"... Good lord, what an achievement!

This was officially announced on the blog. They are concentrating so much that you'll be able to prone. Can you believe it? :icon_lol:

prone and 64 players maps!!WOW well done dice thats something tottally new...oh wait......

Comment

Was fine with it until "powerful new game engine Frostbite 2" at which point I flipped my desk.

There goes any chance of me paying for it.

Comment

bah i dont have the money to buy windows 7 AND a cpu +graphics card to play this game + the game itself

Whats so dam great about directx 10 anyway?
            |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
            Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
            sigpic
            Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

It is way more efficient and prettier than DX9?

I just hope that DICE/EA will prove to be right and give the PC version more polish and not just call it quits after porting it.
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Is VOIP still a four letter word not to be used in conjunction with Frostbitten BF PC games?

sigpic
                "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
                something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5752686/leaked-bat...sic-map-reboot

Comment

Strike at Blah blah.. New city now please........

Also, they can't mess up voip this time.. Surely!
                    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Honestly I don't think any new Battlefield game will compare to 2142 and BF2 especially if they insist on using the Frostbite engine.

Comment

I just hope we don't have to unlock the ability to go prone :D

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
                          I just hope we don't have to unlock the ability to go prone :D
                          No way, it will be one of the starting perks. ;)

But it all seriousness, it is a bit sad of the things they are so eager to reassure us (the PC gamers) about.

Comment

DX10 helps efficiency. It is a positive they are designing it for that. Old school peeps should remember BF2 also upset people with its min spec

Originally posted by SilentSunshine View Post
                            Is VOIP still a four letter word not to be used in conjunction with Frostbitten BF PC games?
                            I think it works ok now but I rarely hear people use it mostly because its not needed?

Originally posted by Echo-48 View Post
                            Was fine with it until "powerful new game engine Frostbite 2" at which point I flipped my desk.

There goes any chance of me paying for it.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by inrobert View Post

I think they are just trying to show that they are listening to their customers. With all the complaining about no-prone in BC2, isn't this a good thing?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X