This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Mod-tools petition

So guys, I was thinking of starting a petition to get mod tools in BF3.

Would anyone be willing to help me out with the wording/text and such?

If so:

Xfire: bf2chewy
    Steam: Chewy_Solo

I have limited time to work on it this week due to ACT, but I would like some help if possible.

EDIT: I will post it on these forums when I actually get it up.

Re: BF3 Mod-tools petition

I will definately sign it. I will also not buy BF3 unless it has strong mod support.

Comment

I will sign the petition, although I would not be too hopeful for mod tools. It would be very retro of them if they did have them.

I will buy it regardless because I am a super consumer and I can't not buy a Battlefield game.

Comment

ACT studying? Don't you know by now that studying is overrated?
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Off topic: Studying isn't overrated... standardized testing is. But it hardly matters as the standardized test is easily studied for and passed well. Sooo *whistle*

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
            Off topic: Studying isn't overrated... standardized testing is. But it hardly matters as the standardized test is easily studied for and passed well. Sooo *whistle*
            I haven't found any effective methods...

Comment

Id sign it, unfortunately im not really sure that this is going to be any good but i still have that bright light down there that HOPES EA can pull their heads out their arses and show the PC community a little love. My biggest issue with BF3 is the multi-console thing, unless they are making an entirely different game (BF2, Battlefield:Modern Combat for example), its going to be limited to some console specs. I guess we will just have to wait and see!
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Are you sure getting alot of people would even help? Lets estimate that you get 1000, would EA really sway their decision when sales are going to easily exceed one million?

Mods contrary to popular belief don't add to sales (EG buying BF2 for PR) The people who would play BF3 mods are a niche sector, and it isn't cost-conscious to develop mod tools. Some people forget that they are a business, and are making the game for pure money, not for the experience or 'for the community'.

If you still want to go through with it for whatever reason, I'll sign it.
                Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

Valve says otherwise.

Comment

Doing something is better than nothing. There was a petition type thing when MW2 came out wanting them to run dedicated servers. They didn't.

But guess what? They noticed. The very next COD installment included dedicated servers. Maybe that was because they found that they needed them, but nevertheless, it feels better to do something.

Comment

As it stands now, officially, mod tools are being discussed but may not be available on launch.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-modtools.html

Please read the entire post there.

The problem is not that DICE does not care.
                      The problem is not that it's "a console" engine - because it's not, and saying anything like that is silly.

Mod tools, as you can see, are not simply something they can slap on. However, with BF3 using Frostbite 2.0, built almost from the ground up for each individual platform, I feel like there's a good chance of seeing mod tools in our future for BF3. But the technical, legal, and logisitcal demands put on DICE for mod tools, as it stands right now, is a bit too much.

Originally posted by CR8Z View Post
                      Doing something is better than nothing. There was a petition type thing when MW2 came out wanting them to run dedicated servers. They didn't.

But guess what? They noticed. The very next COD installment included dedicated servers. Maybe that was because they found that they needed them, but nevertheless, it feels better to do something.
                      Infinity Ward is not Treyarch. Two different developers for the same franchise.

Bee Tee Dubz we have a BF3 forum now. Ya'll should check it out :)
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by dtacs View Post
                        Mods contrary to popular belief don't add to sales (EG buying BF2 for PR) The people who would play BF3 mods are a niche sector, and it isn't cost-conscious to develop mod tools.
                        Actually no, mods do generate sales. With 1942 they did attribute a huge check of sales late in the life of the game to mods, in particular DC & FH. I remember this back from when BF2 was first getting announced because a lot of those guys ended up working for DICE just as now modders from BF2 also work at DICE.

However I have not seen hard numbers on BF2 mods such as PR, PoE2, etc. In fact if I recall correctly poor sales of the booster packs was in their eyes attributed to mods which may be one reason why they are slow to provide the tools. Still, I have no doubt the various mods created many extra sales for DICE and set them up to have a more successful BF3 launch.

If I were them, I would invest in mod tools over anything SP related as that is a waste of time. SP is not BF, it was not in 1942, BFV, BF2, or 2142. Take those resources and focus on mod tools and multiplayer. I would rather see 1 extra map than an entire SP campaign.
                        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Hear hear on the SP. BC2 SP was painful, didn't even bother to finish I think, so meh I can't remember. Don't get me wrong I like SP games, I just don't think BF series needs it. Focus on the mp, get voip in and if need be add in offline bot mode for people to practice.

Comment

Make it, I'll sign.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I'm fine with delayed mod tools.. as I've said elsewhere.. I just want a command structure and voip. That's one of my biggest issues.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X