58Congo/Ski-Racer's Strategy and Tactics: Cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58Congo/Ski-Racer's Strategy and Tactics: Cover

This one is less polished. While uploading it I found an earlier version that may be just as good or better but I cannot find the powerpoint that created the images.

Last edited by Ski-Racer; 02-23-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: integrated prior version slides...now it's way too long

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Re: 58Congo/Ski-Racer's Strategy and Tactics: Cover

getting weird issues...perhaps there is a cacheing thing going on...it's a mix of new and old version

EDIT: Not sure how to fix..tried deleting and re-uploading...didn't work.
    Last edited by Ski-Racer; 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM. Reason: EDIT: created a new sub-album and move everything...should work now

Comment

Is it really this complex to explain cover (excluding cover in terms of vehicles)?

sigpic

Comment

Well, yes, actually. This goes into game mechanics, incorporates real world strategy, and shows how to use the map to your advantage.

This is the greatest thread I've ever seen, tbh. :)
        Skud

Comment

Wow man, you are definitely getting +rep for this. That was amazing, very very well written. Like Skud, the best thread I've ever seen.
          sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, all.

I spend so much time going over cover for 2 reasons.

First, the typical newbie to 21cw was there because they were frustrated with the pub game experience. This gives them something immediately that they can begin working on...something that makes a difference.

Second, once you combine cover + rise-line + slicing-the-pie (topic coming), a whole world of possibilities opens up. From a tactical perspective, the world can be reduced to a sequence of angles to manage. You could spend the rest of your gaming career simply discovering and learning new ways to exploit fulcrums in-game. Vertical fulcrums. Horizontal fulcrums. Fulcrums 2m away. Fulcrums 200m away. Layering fulcrums together to ambush enemy (aka fatal funnels).

Let me get off my gaming computer and quickly mock-up an example.

I don't have much time behind a precision rifle (lol have more time IRL than in-game) but here is an example that would work for a sniper or tank. The rifle in my hands probably won't work well because the realistic engagement distance with the assault rifle is 20m to 30m. But precision rifles and tanks can reach out much further.

Last edited by Ski-Racer; 03-04-2011, 12:28 AM. Reason: added picture

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X