Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0qX...feature=relmfu

    Watch the video. No mod tools for BF3, very unfortunate. I guess this means no BF3:PR if there ever was one planned.

  • #2
    Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

    No commander mode lololol

    "All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

      its supposed to have frostbite engine as well.. basically gonna be another bad company 2 game... its gonna be very fun at first.. then suck within 2 months :(
      Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

      Thank you *trollface*

      The Master Teamkiller

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

        Originally posted by Forrest02 View Post
        its supposed to have frostbite engine as well.. basically gonna be another bad company 2 game... its gonna be very fun at first.. then suck within 2 months :(
        How did you arrive at the conclusion that just because it uses Frostbite, it is going to be BC2 again?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

          Originally posted by PlasmaMarine View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0qX...feature=relmfu

          Watch the video. No mod tools for BF3, very unfortunate. I guess this means no BF3:PR if there ever was one planned.
          Not really news since they told us in BC2 that it's far to complex to offer mod tools.....why would that change?
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

            "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

              Originally posted by Forrest02 View Post
              its supposed to have frostbite engine as well.. basically gonna be another bad company 2 game... its gonna be very fun at first.. then suck within 2 months :(
              I wasn't aware of the fact that the engine a game uses can directly imply how fun a game will be and it's longevity. I guess there's no point to this forum since nothing else really matters except for the fact that it uses frostbite.


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

                Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                I wasn't aware of the fact that the engine a game uses can directly imply how fun a game will be and it's longevity. I guess there's no point to this forum since nothing else really matters except for the fact that it uses frostbite.
                Didn't you know that all the games using the Unreal Engine are just Unreal Tournament clones?

                For reference, games made with the Unreal Engine:
                * Unreal
                * Unreal Tournament
                * Deus Ex
                * Turok
                * Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
                * America's Army
                * BioShock 1 and 2
                * Mass Effect
                * Splinter Cell
                * Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

                As you can see the games made with the Unreal Engine are quite varied and even span genres (FPS, RPG and even MMORPG). Just because BF3 is using a new version of the Frostbite Engine it doesn't mean that BF3 will be anything like Bad Company 2.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

                  ... you do know I was being sarcastic, right? We're arriving at the same conclusion.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: BF3 modding (Or lack thereof)

                    Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                    ... you do know I was being sarcastic, right? We're arriving at the same conclusion.
                    Yeah I started off with sarcasm too but it broke down when I wanted to cite some Unreal Engine awesomesauce.

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X