No announcement yet.

"According to Bach, dragging bodies will not be a feature in the multiplayer"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "According to Bach, dragging bodies will not be a feature in the multiplayer"

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1152917p2.html

We can put that speculation to rest.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: "According to Bach, dragging bodies will not be a feature in the multiplayer"

"I think the goal for all the Battlefield games and all the vehicles is that it's easy to control but hard to master. Everyone should be able to take off and fly, but not everyone should be an elite pilot. We're not building a simulation, but also we're not trying to make a stupid, dumbed down experience for vehicles."

Thank God.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

Re: "According to Bach, dragging bodies will not be a feature in the multiplayer"

Originally posted by AdmiralKird View Post
      "I think the goal for all the Battlefield games and all the vehicles is that it's easy to control but hard to master. Everyone should be able to take off and fly, but not everyone should be an elite pilot. We're not building a simulation, but also we're not trying to make a stupid, dumbed down experience for vehicles."

Thank God.
      Actions > Words.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Another worthy note from the IGN article:
        With the M16 you can switch between three firing modes – single shot, semi-auto, and full-auto – and can flip on a flashlight.
        I'm assuming this will be passed to MP, meaning the return of the ability to change rate of fire. Woo hoo!

Also, in regards to the health system:
        DICE isn't yet confirming what type of health system will be implemented. It might be regenerative, it might be a hybrid style, or something else entirely. "We know there are pros and cons. We want to make sure that when we talk about that, we take it seriously. For some people that's a very important part [of the game]."

Comment

Yeah I always thought the dragging thing would be one of the quick time events that have been all over SP campaigns in the last few years. Because nothing says immersion like a big flashing "Press X to not die" thing on your screen. At least there are no attack dogs.

I still worry about the SP diverting resources from the MP. I like SP campaigns, but if it's a choice between an SP campaign and 2 MP maps being cut? Or the game shipping with balance issues or technical issues? Is it worth it?

Comment

it's either simulation or not, there can't be both. so in this case, within the first hour of multiplay, there'll be jet whores and the usual online fps stuff.
            i have a feeling this'll go the same way as operation flashpoint 2 did, it's all the same nowadays imo, all for profit and how to make most money of it.
            Last edited by Gore; 03-03-2011, 03:58 AM.

Comment

With the M16 you can switch between three firing modes – single shot, semi-auto, and full-auto
              thumbs up! in combination with good recoil system it should feel like a good battle.
              Beauty is only pixels deep, while bad gameplay/design goes straight to the source code.
              -Harlequin-

Comment

With the M16 you can switch between three firing modes – single shot, semi-auto, and full-auto
                I'm guessing what they meant was semi, burst, and full.

Comment

Which M16 or M4 variant has 3 fire modes, thought they only came in single and burst or single and full auto (M4 A1). Can't remember which one it is if any that has all 3. Shouldn't grumble, just glad they incorporated fire selection, missed that in BC2.

Comment

Pretty sure you're right, select-fire is either semi/burst or semi/full with no variants having all three. Not that I'm complaining, the more the merrier.

Comment

A bit off topic but while it would be nice to have a one-shot/auto selection in BC2, its not necessary for that title. Anyone who uses LMG's or assault rifles well at long range always mashes the mouse button already to single shot it as it is 100x better than firing auto. I only really use auto in BC2 when they are less then 40-50 yards away or if I'm using the ump, which is so accurate you can hip-fire snipe people.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I am saddened by the vehicles being dumbed down. I kinda liked that it took me a couple hours of flying in an empty server to become able to jump into a helo and actually fly it well. I don't want to sit in line waiting on a chopper. Granted, I also hope there is more than one attack chopper per level now.
                        SgtSpork

Comment

I don't think they're being dumbed down. It sounds like they're sticking to "easy to learn, difficult to master" approach.

Comment

Dragging in MP is what I call "Paper Awesome." Sounds awesome on paper, sucks in practice. Solves nothing, creates new issues. Not happening
                            Twitter

Comment

In PR mod, dragging would be super useful, especially if revive wasnt so instant, and actually required a bit of time.

But in a fast pace game where players die and respawn in a bat of an eye, rarely waiting for a medic to revive them, this feature would mostly be ignored I would assume.

There is many times in PR where players will wait up to 4-5 minutes on the ground, in critical condition, and a medic will actually get to them and revive them (special thanks to mumble comms!!). Even sometimes squad leaders will make special missions to retrieve a fallen comrade and it becomes a rescue mission and is quite fun to do!

Dragging would just be awesome, theres so many situations where a medic is not immediately present, and the enemy is over running your position, or the teammates body is in an unsafe area, the need to fall back to safety is great but you dont want to leave your poor comrade there to die.... would be so epic to drag him or pick him up over the shoulder and bring him to safety, while the rest of the squad covers.
                              Ahh well, theres always ArmA...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X