• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shedding *Some* Light on BF3 Multiplayer

Some key points:
    • Commander mode not returning as it was in BF2
    • It looks like squad size will expand to more than 4
    • Some variation of hardcore mode is returning
    • BattleRecorder exists, but how the players can use it is still being looked into
    • They're aiming to release new content not too long after release, to maintain interest
    • 4 Classes

Everything he says is very broad and general, for the most part, but he implies certain things.

Source: Talking Battlefield 3 Multiplayer

Re: Shedding *Some* Light on BF3 Multiplayer

It'd be nice if you could spectate in multiplayer. Or if you could have someone spectate and record a round so that you could go back and watch the footage.
    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

So basically, they're just upgrading the lowest common denominator MP experience that is BC2. Yes I play, and yes it's fun but it's nothing compared to BF2.

Four classes? The BC2 mold does not encourage teamwork. The medic can heal himself and because for some reason has an LMG has the firepower to be a major force on the battlefield. The assault class with the powerful grenade launcher needs only to rely on himself to resupply said powerful weapon. Recon - enough said.

At least take the LMG away from the medic and hand it and the ammo crate over to what should be the 5th class - support.

Or stick the classes from 2142. That layout was pretty good and the way the kits where setup, forced you into specific roles.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I'm hoping they take the LMG away from the medic too, or at least make it less accurate. And please, give the smoke nades back to the medic. Makes so much sense to lay smoke before reviving.

Personally, I liked the 2142 classes as well, but I'll admit kit diversity is stronger with the BC2 class layout than it was in 2142. The assault class was way too functional... It essentially combined BC2's medic and assault classes (without the ammo, of course).

Comment

Either take the LMG away from the Medic, or make him slower or do something so that he's not just an assault guy with the ability to revive and heal. Smoke grenades should be available to all classes, it doesn't make any sense that only the assault class can use it and only if he equips an underbarrel smoke launcher. Make it a type of grenade and make it an option to choose in the kit layout screen. For example, you would have to choose between equipping normal grenades or smoke grenades.
          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's the interview in the earlier Game Informer scans (and given that's it's on the game informer site, I should think so). So nothing really new here.
            Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

At this point I would have thought they would have released more info about multiplayer... right now we dont really know anything, guess the march 2nd reveal was just hype..

Until full details about multiplayer is revealed im prety skeptical on this games final outcome, amazing graphics/audio aside..

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                At this point I would have thought they would have released more info about multiplayer... right now we dont really know anything, guess the march 2nd reveal was just hype..

Until full details about multiplayer is revealed im prety skeptical on this games final outcome, amazing graphics/audio aside..
                We know they are trying to hype the game and release small details at a time to keep people interested but at the same time they are opening the door for a lot of speculation that will start to get passed around as fact. It also has the potential to burn people out on the game before it even ships if they hype it too much if it does not meet expectations.

My guess is they are saving the big big stuff for E3. It makes the most sense for timing and a wider audience.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Assault should be assault, not medic, medic should be medic not Rambo, simple.

Comment

Agree with Fuzzhead here, graphics and audio aside, this could blow. 4 classes is, IMO, a mistake. BF2 class system is what MADE that game fun. Support, Assault, Sniper, Medic, Engi, AT, Spec Ops. All the diversity, and requiring a lot of teamwork. So far, while I get their intentions, this sounds too much like BC2 for my liking. Really wish they would have the courage to stand by their convictions, and make the game with a PC crowd in mind, make it that little bit more hardcore, not pander to COD style gameplay and options......sigh.....

Comment

I agree 4 classes is too few. 5 is the sweet spot. The only way 4 will work is if the Assault class gets the choice of medic equipment or assault equipment but not a mix. So no defibs or health packs with nade launcher. And sure as heck no rambo like BFV and BC2.

Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                        I agree 4 classes is too few. 5 is the sweet spot
                        Yh, maybe and give medic the same SMGs as Engy kit. Will mean it's rarely played by anyone who's not a teamplayer though, heh.
                        Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

You're still thinking too small Jeepo:

1) Support
                          2) Assault
                          3) Sniper
                          4) Medic
                          5) Engineer
                          6) Anti Tank
                          7) Special Ops.
                          8) Communications
                          9) The Chef
                          10) Bob Hope
                          11) Company Mascot
                          12) Speech Therapist
                          sigpic

Comment

13) Chaplain

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                              Yh, maybe and give medic the same SMGs as Engy kit. Will mean it's rarely played by anyone who's not a teamplayer though, heh.
                              If you give my medic the UMP then not only can I revive people but I can also hip-fire snipe people all the way across the map. Frankly, every weapon class but the sniper rifles were overpowered in BC2.

But I do agree a lot with what Broke said. In 2142, everyone went assault medic (with a few engis for IDS) because frankly that's what worked best. In BC2 you usually get an even mix of every class in each round, albeit everyone (not just medics as everyone assumes) can easily turn into rambo. The only way to really deal with this is the BF2 style where you have to choose a class that is good at one, and only 1 thing. While this would make the game more fun for tactical players like ourselves as we would have to think smarter and work harder, DICE is not going to go back to this system because frankly it is not as much fun for the 13 year old pubbie kids loosing a majority of their braincells to their computers. Whats less fun for the public makes DICE less money.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...