2142(3)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142(3)

Just curious, with BF3 right around the corner, is anyone hearing any rumors about an updated version of 2142 being in the works or at least being discussed?

Given the popularity of 2142, DICE would be a fool for not attempting a new version.

Re: 2142(3)

BF3 is the new BF2.. 2142 came after BF2, so maybe it's next?
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

hmmm I haven't heard anything but I highly doubt it. Since 2142 was not a stand alone game but rather another installment in the true BF series.
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

even if they are working on it (which I doubt) they would never release any news about, right now they are into full hype mode for BF3 and they wouldn't want any distractions. (Hence why even though they were working on BF3 they didn't release any info until BC2, MoH and BC2:Vietnam came out) They only want you fixated on one game at a time.

I think eventually we will probably get a 2142ish new game from DICE but I think it will be 2 or 3 years off at the minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          hmmm I haven't heard anything but I highly doubt it. Since 2142 was not a stand alone game but rather another installment in the true BF series.
          Did you mean to have that the other way around?

Personally I'd love to see another futuristic battlefield, but I can't see the need if BF3 is up to scratch for a good long while.

Tiger got to hunt, Bird got to fly, Man got to sit and wonder 'Why, why, why?'
          Tiger got to sleep, Bird got to land, Man got to tell himself he understand.

Comment

2142 was built on the same engine as BF2, AFAIK. I'm sure DICE will consider another BF title on Frostbite 2.0 after they're well off with BF3.
            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
              2142 was built on the same engine as BF2, AFAIK. I'm sure DICE will consider another BF title on Frostbite 2.0 after they're well off with BF3.
              I would hope so given the popularity of the 2142 title - I would argue that it extended BF2s useful life by a couple of years and made Dice a nice return on investment.

Besides, how awesome would destructive environments be on a Titan?

Comment

I would be for a more 'realistic' and gritty 2142 game with space marines and combat.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Keep in mind it would need to be 2146 not 3, as NS takes place in 2145. Maybe they could go with 2142.0. With the engine being called Frostbite, it's fate that they continue on with some 22nd century frozen action.

Comment

I fully expect them to hop on that bandwagon after the new futuristic CoD comes out and establishes a popular base for the genre, which they'll then try and get a piece of.
                    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

I say screw BF3, 2142 is, and will always be the best BF title ever released in my book...in fact I'd be happy if they took 2142 as it is and simply update the engine, add a few maps, and fixed the crash bugs. Its awfully close to perfect already. :)
                      Proud to have been an Irregular!
                      |TG-56th| S.Kyle23

Comment

Kyle maybe you're a little biased...just a little!

|TG-Irr|Icarus893
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sargentkyle23 View Post
                          I say screw BF3, 2142 is, and will always be the best BF title ever released in my book....
                          I'm hoping this statement doesn't turn out to be true in my book. I'd like BF3 to knock 2142 out of the #1 MPFPS spot on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                            I'm hoping this statement doesn't turn out to be true in my book. I'd like BF3 to knock 2142 out of the #1 MPFPS spot on my list.
                            Blasphemy! ;)
                            Proud to have been an Irregular!
                            |TG-56th| S.Kyle23

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse