BF3 Commander position desired?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Commander position desired?

Since the GameInformer article became public knowledge, there have been over 30,000 views of a thread in the EA UK Forum titled "Commander Yes or No." If you are a fan of the Battlefield series, please take the time to review the "Commander Yes or No" topic and cast YOUR vote.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...er-yes-no.html

We are looking forward to reaching the 100,000 view mark. Maybe, we can bark loud enough to really be heard by DICE decision makers.

Re: BF3 Commander position desired?

It would be great if folks could get over the EA UK Forum and vote. The console kiddies have been active voters.

Comment

i could see the commander be useful on scrims and such, but not for public games. too many people take the role of commander for either personal gain for their own arty strikes, also to scan an area with the uav so they can order their own arty strikes and not use it when a squad is pinned down from enemy fire, and not to be a real team player. the commander position separates you from the battle. plus on public games, how many squad leaders listen to a commander, thats if he has a mic to give out orders. I could see a desired person from a clan to do it but as far as bad company 2, it seemed easier to just have a uav that a person can control to take out certain targets or recon enemy positions, or lay down smoke cover for a small force to push up. i think the commander is more of a solo player more than a team player. one thing they should add in there is the ability to have squad leaders able to talk to other squad leaders. that way it will be easier for the squads to set up offensive advances while one squad stays back and supports the one pushing up. another tactical ability for squad leaders is to find out which squad will fall back to defend a flag we are losing while the other squads stay in position and create a wall so that the squad falling back would have less to deal with on the flag that the team is losing.

so as my answer to the add the commander, i pick no.

Comment

After re-playing BF2 lately, I'm not sure if I want the CO. Having these huge maps, but always having an eye in the sky pummeling you every second with a arty strike is damn annoying.

Comment

Here are some of the functions of the Commander position:

Here are the BF2 Commander position functions as I see them:

Fires
          - Artillery Strike

Intelligence
          - Scan
          - UAV
          - 3x Zoom and manual spot on big map

Logistics
          - Supply Crate Drop
          - Vehicle Drop

Team Leader
          - Enact a team plan of attack
          - Coordinate with squad leaders
          - Issue Orders
          - Reward and encourage

My ideas for future Battlefields:

Fires
          Have the Squad Leader and Sniper with the ability to call in Fire Support/Indirect Fire and Commander controls/approves. This would reduce indirect fire frequency and increase teamwork. Fire Support could also include aviation Close Air Support (CAS) with a request approved by the commander and a temporary CAS communication channels opens up for the squad leader/sniper to talk directly with the jet/helio supporting the attack.

Intelligence
          Every "Spot" should be earned. There should Not be a scan feature, 3x commander zoom, or the commander ability to click on the map to spot. The spotting should be done by soldiers in the field, snipers, and a separate UAV operator.

- UAV
          o.. Not controlled by the commander (separate operator)
          o.. Not armed
          o.. Not able to change altitude
          o.. Spot like an individual with the same duration as the sniper
          o.. Able to change the flight path
          o.. Airborne until shot down
          o.. Fixed wing aircraft (looks like a plane)

Logistics
          I think the magic jeep parachuted onto the battlefield should be removed. Perhaps there should be the ability to control vehicle spawns and even sling load vehicles. I think players should be able to spawn into the vehicle at the beginning of the match. Example a squad could all spawn into the same APC.
          Commander-controlled Squad Leader-designated stationary heavy Machine Gun (MG) and Heavy Anti- Tank (TOW) emplacements. The supply crates could be delivered by truck or helicopter.

Team Leader
          I believe a cookie-cut of the BF2 position would not be the best course of action (COA). A modified version would be much better than removing the position all-together. There really should be at least one person looking at the big picture of friendly and enemy activity and directing friendly forces to exploit success or exploit a perceived enemy weakness.

Comment

I wish, if there were a commander position with vehicle drops, there would be a unit requisition command with an airdrop like in World in Conflict to get your units, that is, after requesting a vehicle drop, an C-130, etc would have to airdrop it in (with the possibility of it getting shot down!) and you would have to wait for it to come by.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

The airdrop in World in Conflict is a nice touch.

Comment

I followed the link, not sure if I had ever been there I put in my email and PW to see what would happen. It welcomed me as Memah and says I joined on 13/5/11 and last visited today at 8:33. Well that is not the case, this has me a little worried and pissed off. Does anyone have an answer as to the possabilities for this? Has my info been hijacked?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  I followed the link, not sure if I had ever been there I put in my email and PW to see what would happen. It welcomed me as Memah and says I joined on 13/5/11 and last visited today at 8:33. Well that is not the case, this has me a little worried and pissed off. Does anyone have an answer as to the possabilities for this? Has my info been hijacked?
                  Not sure why that would have happened. Perhaps Private Messaging (PM) or emailing one of the moderators may find a solution.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X